Exiles

Dracothjay

Power units: shades, shadowblade, reaper bolt throwers, the various dreadlords (the cold one dreadlord works well with the old cold one knights)

Generally, with exiles you get your synergies from the dreadlords/malekith. 

Shades gives you objective priority, or could ambush if not needed for that.

Shadowblade is one of the best assassins out there.

Team man, shades look strong! I have shadowblade and a tenebrael shard so I'm gonna try a list with them both in. I love the look  of darkling covens, but is it worth getting any DE units with new aelves released this summer? I don't want to buy loads of dark aelves then a whole new shadowkin releases and I've wasted money you know?

1 minute ago, Dracothjay said:

Team man, shades look strong! I have shadowblade and a tenebrael shard so I'm gonna try a list with them both in. I love the look  of darkling covens, but is it worth getting any DE units with new aelves released this summer? I don't want to buy loads of dark aelves then a whole new shadowkin releases and I've wasted money you know?

If you have armies to play with already I'd just wait. Unless money and paint time isn't an issue.

That's my plan, but I do see great potential in darkling covens, and talking from a fan of the models and how they look ofcourse lol.

i shall sit and wait very impatiently I think. I do have a dreadlord on dragon, shadowblade, mistweaver siah and tenebrael shard already painted however......

something tells me that Siah and Shard will be a part of this new release. Maybe a keyword warscroll change in the mix. Well......I hope anyway.

Do you want to include only the old warscrolls with the "Exiles" Keyword?

if yes: Try the Cauldron of Blood. That Shrine affects all the Units with the Exiles Keyword in the old Warscrolls. Also you may find some abilities of your leaders that affect your chosen units in a positive way.

if no: Dark Elves/Exiles got splitted into Sub-Factions. You know that already. Units like the Black guard lost their Ability in conjunction with Malekith, but got +1 Bravery. In that case we lost a lot of the possible synergies. Anyway powerful units are the Deadlord on Dragon, Drakewpawn Knights, Reaper Bolt Thrower and the Executioners. It all depends on your List now. To find some extra shennenigans with the Order keyword you could play around with the Hurricanum, the Loremaster, etc.

Yeah, my club plays compendium and sub faction. Really relaxed club. Compendium has synergies that work very well, dreadlords command abilities are amazing.  I seriously can't wait to try the shard and shadowblade combo!

Do you think darkling covens will get some new additions with the new releases in summer?

Darkling coven probably won't get any new additions anytime soon, since the upcoming aelves are likely to be a sub-faction of their own. 

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Dark aelves/aelves as a whole got combined more properly (proper keywords, synergies, etc) in a book of their own in a distant future, similar to the new Khorne book.

super excited if new Dark Elve/Shadow Elves would be coming!!

combination Tenebrael Shard+Shadowblade is invalid due to the necessity of the exiles keyword which the Shard doesnt have. You can use the new Assassine Warscroll instead.

Archived