New Player

Trout

I've known about Warhammer since my middle school / high school years in the early 90s. Back then I did a lot of role playing and some Battletech. I never did Warhammer because people at the store only played 40k and fantasy is what appealed to me, but I did play Man O War, which was wildly popular at the store upon release. I also played some Hero Quest. Other than that, my Warhammer experience has come from the MMO Age of Reckoning and Total War: Warhammer.

I got into Age of Sigmar as a result of discovering that the town I just moved into has a Warhammer store a short drive away. As an unmarried working professional with no child support, I have a large disposable income, so I now find myself having way too many models and not enough time to paint them (and a strong desire to keep buying more).

Welcome from another new comer to this forum!

As a veteran miniature gamer I advice you to try to contain the amount of figures you buy before finishing the ones already at home. The amount of unpainted figs can sometime be a real downer in trying to get motivated to paint some more, as the pile never seems to diminish.

Anyways welcome to the forums and to the hobby!

I'm playing catch-up and will be working through my backlog.  The goal is to end the year with no unpainted miniatures.  I started February 1st and have weekly quotas to hit.

It would have been so much better to have just bought some and painted them before I bought more.

I'd recommend a daily painting time.  Half an hour to chill, listen to a podcast or something and paint.

Archived