New 40k Side discussion. What similarities will there be to AOS?

KHHaunts

35 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Yeah, pretty much shooting like it should be in AoS: only pistols can shoot in combat or  at close range. 8th 40k is looking more and more like AoS 2.0. 

Let us all pray to Sigmar that this is not the case. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to admit it but these rules are changing alot of the issues I have with AOS. I just hope for the love of God they don't port over the roll for each turn. One of the most frustrating things in AOS. 

I think I may have to make the jump back to 40K

I mean, of course 40k is going to likely have better rules than AoS. They've had 2 years of Age of Sigmar to figure out what worked well and what didn't. They're also not being bound by 4 pages of rules it would seem.

I just hope that AoS gets the reap the rewards as well in a living ruleset (Which perhaps not being printed in the Kharadron Overlords is hinting at). The core rules do need changes just as much as warscrolls and points in some respects. I don't think it should be on the onus of the Generals Handbook to patch in fixes to the game. 

Monsters not getting cover you could attribute to balance. Increasing Unbind range to 24" (Which I really hope happens), is not a 'balance' thing, it's just a core rules change.

Archived