5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows

Units
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
- 4x Starsoul Maces
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
- 4x Starsoul Maces
9 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (240)
- 3x Stormsurge Tridents
5 x Paladin Decimators(200)
- 2x Starsoul Maces

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)
Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber (80)

Just been reading the stormcast book and just wondering if a list like this is even viable as it seems like a fun alpha strike list.

You need more heroes. I'd say probably because I need to GIT GUD but I don't rate hammerstrike. With that many paladins your pocket must be deep [emoji16]. Check out the 'let's chat stormcast' thread. There's some really creative and new 2k lists in the last 10 or so pages that will help you out- complete with plenty of guidance and tactic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i would love more heroes but i wanted to keep it a 1 drop army only other way would be to make prosecutors 6 instead of 9 and squeeze in a relictor so i can just teleport them into range and hide them further back.

I have read through some of that thread but all i see is aetherstrike formations with slight variations, and i kinda wanna go more close combat.

A Stormcast Eternal Hero can take only one artefact or one mystic light.

Therefore, your choice of artefact/mystic light for the Knight-Azyros is illegal.

I also with agree CountryMou3e's comment on low number of heroes in your army.

If you play missions for matched play, you will experience extreme difficulties playing Three Places of Power mission.

You can still decrease the number of prosecutors, squeeze in an additional hero, and then still make one drop army. 

The additional hero still counts as one of the additional units you can take in the Celestial Vindicators Warscroll Battalion.

If you want to add in close combat oriented units while benefiting from Celestial Vindicators bonus,

I suggest putting a unit of Fulminators instead of Decimators.

Fulminators' Stormstrike Glaive benefits from Celestial Vindicators Warscroll Battalion's weapon re-roll bonus.

Fulminators are also more mobile than Decimators, can dish out tons of wounds to wipe out low save models,

while inflicting plenty of mortal wounds at shooting phase.

20 hours ago, choppa6189 said:

Whats would u keep mirror or the lantern? Definetly dropping prosecutors down to add relictor.

Do you think i could get away with some liberators instead of judis to add more.

Libs with blades synergise with the battalion command ability which is nice (juds do too in melee but you don't want them in melee so much).

If you take 2 x juds you have 60 pts extra (and relictor's 80) which is a 120 hero (no relictor) or not much else.

If you take 1 x juds and 2 x libs you get the relictor and 140 more - meaning a 120 hero and 20 pts under to maybe get a triumph.

Juds are nice though.

At the same time,  you could then take a Castellant and make him your general (staunch defenders with warding lantern) which is a much more difficult to shift target.

You'd have 3 heroes (Azyros, Castellant, Relictor) lightning chariot, warding lantern, 2 x 5 libs with +1 sword attacks when in range of command ability from battalion (rerolling all failed hits when they lose a unit in a round) and the hammerstrike component.

I wouldn't recommend using Hammerstrike Force myself.

Just took this formation to SCGT 2017 (with a similar list) and it is very repetitive and quite boring to play after a few games.

You literally do the same thing every game so if you are after an army that actually requires some decision making Hammerstrike Force is not the way to go.

ALSO, the formation is overcosted and not that powerful IMO so from a competitive point of view I also would not recommend. If your opponent can withstand the initial drop (very easy with decent chaff placement) they will be able to mop up your paladins in a few turns. Bravery 7 and 4+ save means those 30 wound paladin units die fast.

Thanks for the advise, i play beastclaws at the moment im not sure it can get any less boring lol.

If u let opponent go 1st then try get double turn surely then u can get through the chaff?

What lists did u struggle with or loose against out of curiosity. Before i buy 25 protectors

No problem. 

Letting the opponent go first and hoping for the double turn is a strategy that has worked for me. Most opponents will opt to go first against you if they have the choice as they see this as a way to mitigate your 'alpha strike.' However I do find this to be quite unreliable as the priority roll is 50/50.

I went 3-3 at SCGT and would say I had most trouble against mixed destruction lists at the tournament.

I also really struggled against tzeentch and mixed chaos lists during my practice games which you'll see a lot in competitive too. Aetherstrike force from fellow stormcast also consistently handled my hammerstrike force.

If you're looking for a fun and competitive stormcast army I would say don't go for 25 paladins.

I personally will not be taking my hammerstrike force to another tournament or playing it in more practice/casual games. It's just not fun!

Archived