Expanding Nurgle: What next?

Vomikron Noxis

Hey all.

So I'm looking to expand my Nurgle Tallyband up to 2000 points. This is what I'm sitting at currently:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders

Great Unclean One (240)

- Trait: Lord of War

Epidemius (180)

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)

- Sword

- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)

- Sword

- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Battleline

10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)

Units

3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)

3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)

Battalions

Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 1580/2000

Where do I go from here? Possibly beef up the plaguebearers, but meh. Probably better to go for something with more teeth. Open to any suggestions really! Doesn't have to be Nurgle, but with epidemius that might be the best choice.

10 plaguebearers can be easily wiped off the table. 30 on the other hand, is close to impossible. I say make one of the 10 PBs into a 30 model, and use it to tarpit the center of the table while your daemon princes go around the edges killing stuff. Also, don't hesitate to include stuff like stormfiends because you are already using PBs as battleline, you can afford to include other units from chaos. I'd replace all your plague drones with stormfiends to get some proper hammer to your plaguebearer anvil.

Urgh yeh you're definitely right :S I'm pretty much just trying to avoid painting a bunch more plaguebearers, but it's probably the best thing to do... is epidemius worth hanging onto btw? Any thoughts on how to keep that guy alive? I've had him hanging out with one unit of plaguebearers, but that keeps them too much out of the game to be useful really..

Plaguebearers are seriously one of the best battlelines in the whole game imo. Hard to kill, hard to battleshock, hard to ignore. The only downside is the slow speed. They're not very killy, but you don't need them to be, a brick of 30 will just walk into anything in the game and either grind it down via attrition or just sit there until the game ends.

Plaguepriest may also be a decent idea.  The +1 to Wound against a unit will help your not so fighty PBs.  The d3 MW will help the tally since he's also Nurgle.  This would also be handy with Plageclaws, I'd think.  Since the PCs get a +1 to Hit vs 10+ models, with a +1 to Wound you'd be 2+/2+/-2/d6.

I'm a big fan of 5man units of Blightking.  Especially when you end up against Order and give the general the +1.  However, I'm not sure I'd mix 'em with Daemons as part of their strength is in having the 5++ from the Harbinger of Decay.  They also have no rend, which is probably a problem when you don't really have it elsewhere in the list.

This is all just in my head though.  I play Nurgle Mortals, but not Daemons/Pestilence.

So maybe I'm super wrooong!

If you intend to expand toward the mortal realms, then I'll state what to me is a NLHWI choice. Three actually, depending on how you wanna build it.

The Glottkin, The Harbinger of Decay, and the unit that'll really benefit from either of these, Blightkings.

On 4/24/2017 at 9:47 AM, Ruben said:

10 plaguebearers can be easily wiped off the table. 30 on the other hand, is close to impossible. I say make one of the 10 PBs into a 30 model, and use it to tarpit the center of the table while your daemon princes go around the edges killing stuff. Also, don't hesitate to include stuff like stormfiends because you are already using PBs as battleline, you can afford to include other units from chaos. I'd replace all your plague drones with stormfiends to get some proper hammer to your plaguebearer anvil.

He'd need the drones for the tallyband to work if that's the way he's leaning, but I agree that to ignore all the goodies that the shaven can bring to the table is limiting yourself.

Archived