Cunning Deceiver command trait

TheAntsAreBack

Am I missing something or is the Cunning Deceiver command trait significantly worse than any of the others? All of the others are situationally useful throughout the game but Cunning Deceiver gives some sight protection (from shooting armies only in all likelihood) in only the first round. Is it likely that we are in close combat in round one or well this likely be simply some protection from one round of shooting?

Cunning deciever is prob the best trait to take if you have fixed lists. 

It works vs everything, CC and shooting.  Fast armies that charge turn 1 are really hurt by it, as well as the shooty lists.  If your playing a fighty bloodbound type chaos list it really can win you the game turn 1.

Turn 1 close combat is a lot more likely than you might think, and -1 to hit can make a huge difference.

I'll grant you, though, that if your opponent isn't very shooty and neither of you is rushing into turn 1 combat, then it isn't much use.

None of the other traits have such a big impact, except Dark Avenger (but only against Order). They are a little more reliable, though.

It depends a bit on what sized game you're playing — Cunning Deceiver scales up for larger games better than any other trait. In smaller games, the other traits start to have a bigger impact.

14 hours ago, Shoe said:

Whenever I roll this result I chuckle. I imagine my doombull sneaking into the enemy camp and greasing up their weapons before tiptoeing off into the darkness, snickering. 

Off Topic... but I ran a D&D game once in which I allowed a player to run a Minotaur Rogue with a two handed axe who was racist against humans. Much to the delight of the party,  he wild constantly attempt to hide in the shadows,  even while people were looking right at him. 

On 4/15/2017 at 3:36 AM, Criti said:

Off Topic... but I ran a D&D game once in which I allowed a player to run a Minotaur Rogue with a two handed axe who was racist against humans. Much to the delight of the party,  he wild constantly attempt to hide in the shadows,  even while people were looking right at him. 

We might be talking about the same Minotaur here!

Archived