Beastclaw raiders: Skal

murf369

29 minutes ago, murf369 said:

How many cats can you take

They can be fielded in units of 2 to 12, but are relatively expensive at 15pts per wound. There are otherwise no restrictions I can see regarding how many can be fielded...

This was a list that made me cackle evilly on the way to work a couple of weeks ago, as I was thinking about the battalion came up with following list using this...

Allegiance: Destruction

Icebrow Hunter (160)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- Artefact: Battle Brew
6 x Frost Sabres (180)
4 x Frost Sabres (120)
4 x Frost Sabres (120)
2 x Mournfang Pack (200)
6 x Icefall Yhetees (240)
Skal (60)

Total: 2000/2000

It's not mega strong but should be fun and takes advantage of the Skal battallion and you should get some first round charges off with the Frost Sabres as the Hunter effectively gives them a 6" charge when come on! You could even drop the Mournfang and have another Hunter and beef up one of the Frost Sabre units. Gives your opponent a choice - do they deal with all the kitty kats who have just appeared or the two Stonehorns coming at them.

19 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

This was a list that made me cackle evilly on the way to work a couple of weeks ago, as I was thinking about the battalion came up with following list using this...

Allegiance: Destruction

Icebrow Hunter (160)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
6 x Frost Sabres (180)
4 x Frost Sabres (120)
4 x Frost Sabres (120)
2 x Mournfang Pack (200)
6 x Icefall Yhetees (240)
Skal (60)

Total: 2000/2000

It's not mega strong but should be fun and takes advantage of the Skal battallion and you should get some first round charges off with the Frost Sabres as the Hunter effectively gives them a 6" charge when come on! You could even drop the Mournfang and have another Hunter and beef up one of the Frost Sabre units. Gives your opponent a choice - do they deal with all the kitty kats who have just appeared or the two Stonehorns coming at them.

Have to say that list looks super fun to play I might have to steal it 

1 hour ago, Oldmanlee said:

Have to say that list looks super fun to play I might have to steal it 

That's fine. It's one of the lists I've been tempted with but kind of trying to hold fire as moving house and waiting to see what happens with 40K. The great thing is that it's a nice list for around £215 direct from GW or with some shopping around you could get cheaper. I love it when you can make a fun list for a good price :D 

It should be interesting in the current shooting meta as well.

Archived