Wills Paving

Afternoon ladies and gents, I'm going to be starting my Death army once the Stormcast are finished.

I've picked up some Wills Paving York stone paving sheets, and want to have some of it as the basing, rather than my normal apporach of cork and flock.

Has anyone used the WIlls paving before? What else do you add to the base to build it up? I'm worried having just a whole base of paving is going to look a little drab.

Cheers!

Chalmers

Chalmers,

I'll get some pics of the Wills Paving bases I've made. But I've basically used skulls, small bits of rubble and some parts Vallejo pumice to add some variety to the bases.

In the meantime, see if you can hunt down some photos of Dan Heelan's Seraphon, he's used Wills Paving to good effect.

The odd couple of leaves or really small tufts in the cracks could enhance the bases?

Wills sheets are great but can be a little difficult to cut cleanly for bases especially on rounds.

I use a different companies embossed sheets for cobblestone etc as their sheets are much thinner and easier to work with

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/slaters-dressed-stone-grey-suitable-for-4mm-scale.html.

I've bought the exact same paving sheets, but haven't used them yet either!

I was thinking of cutting the tiles in small groups or individually, and adding them to the base amongst sand/cork/slate/filler etc to give a look of a civilisation that was in decline.

I remember reading, or hearing about cutting up the sheets somewhere - I think that it might have been on the FaceHammer podcast?

MGP

Archived