Stormcast army - which to paint next?

rokapoke

So I'm hoping to join a mega battle in May that requires each player to bring 2000 points fully painted. Right now I have the models shown in the attached list finished. (I have the Judicators on my painting table now, technically, but they'll be finished next week.)

My question is: which of the following should I paint next to fill out the 2000 point army? Note that it doesn't have to be a phenomenally powerful list (as I'm sure I'm already far from that anyway). I'm also willing to take some of the existing unit(s) out if I paint too much new stuff.

Remaining unpainted units:

2x Lord-Relictor

1x Lord-Celestant on Dracoth

1x Knight-Heraldor

1x Knight Vexillor with Pennant of the Stormbringer

3x Prosecutors with dual hammers (starter kit dudes)

10x Liberators with hammer and shield (starter kit dudes)

I'm planning to do this on the cheap, so I won't be buying any new models at this time. Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0049.PNG

IMG_0050.PNG

Do this. Convert the prosecutor prime into a knight azyros with the bits leftover in the knight venator kit. It's a straightforward conversion. Then paint up 1 lord relictor. Consider dropping 1 gryph hound for a azyros + relictor combo in your list.

Also paint up the lord celestant on dracoth, as it alone can rival your 10 retributors in terms of killiness, and paired with a lord castellant it can pretty much do its own stuff across the board if need be. 

4 hours ago, Ruben said:

Also paint up the lord celestant on dracoth, as it alone can rival your 10 retributors in terms of killiness

It's a great unit but the points here are pretty accurate - it's more like 5 rets.

Azyros idea is good. If you meet chaos, put warding lantern on the Azyros and try to get him into cover (or near staunch defender general) and within range of as many units as possible. D6 mortal wounds for every unit if he survives!

I wouldn't play that aggressively against non-chaos as it's just d3.

9 hours ago, Ruben said:

Do this. Convert the prosecutor prime into a knight azyros with the bits leftover in the knight venator kit. It's a straightforward conversion.

Agreed I did this and think it looks better than the standard Azyros model.  The "real" one is leaning backwards, where as the converted one is leaning forward which is much more aggressive and seems appropriate.

Archived