How does Shadows over Hammerhal stack up to Silver Tower

Wraith01

I love "WarHammer Quest: Silver Tower" specially because I can play it with my little sister with no need for an Overlord/GM.  Content wise Silver Tower came with a bunch of miniatures that were new, while Shadows over Hammerhal comes with full sprues I can pick up elsewhere or already have.  That's mostly what I know about the differences. Also that Shadows over Hammerhal is a campaign with limited replay value.

What are your opinions?

SoH has tons of replay. You get to go into town in Hammerhal a lot to grub around, which is great fun reminiscent of the old WQ. I'm sure you could play it together with a youngster, too. You would 'kind of' play GM by looking things up in the GM book, and reading stuff out - BUT let her make decisions about what doorways to go through. If things are getting too rough, you can also roll dice and pick out fewer enemies in a room. You'll also get surprised if you don't read ahead and let her leadership guide the path. For replay, just throw all the tiles in the box and randomly draw one. When you find it in the GM box, place doorways. For random monsters, you can just make up a table of what you got 2d6 system (the 1-1, 1-2, 3-1, 3-2 - up to 6,6 2D6 approach) that covers all available enemies with rules rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived