Flesh Bases - Advice?

So for my Slaanesh Dæmon army, I've decided to try and do "flesh" or "skin" bases. Maybe some body parts, chains, wounds, pools of blood — but mostly just stretched/wrinkled skin. As in, the actual ground is being turned into living flesh beneath their feet/hooves/claws.

I'm pretty sure I can handle the painting side of it, but I'm not sure how to go about modelling/texturing — any advice? I could try sculpting each base by hand with greenstuff, but if there's something I can easily paint on and leave to dry (eg. one or more of GW's "texture" paints), it would save a lot of time on the big blocks of dæmonettes. I guess I'm looking for something that dries mostly smooth, but with wrinkles — kinda like how thickly applied Agrellan Earth looks before it dries.

I'm open to suggestions.

Greenstuff or other clays would be perfect to use as their finish isn't unlike that of actual skin. If you give it a satin finish you can really end up with something freaky and daemonic looking. 

As a tip consider Fimo Clay in fleshcolour aswell, it's also used to create doll faces and such, it sculpts really well and needs to be baked I believe.

you could use a base of greenstuff or better still Killax's modelling clay suggestion, perhaps use an arm , a face or a limb on the base and blend it in to the clay so it looks like it's living and writing in or out of the ground.  For the texture how about get a peice of tin foil and scrunch it up, and then use it either scrunched up or rolled out and imprint the surface of the clay with it.

It won't take you long to go round all the bases for your daemonettes and then you'll have a smooth base with some textured wrinkles and creases on it.

Archived