What is your MOST favorite faction and why?

Dez

Anything 'Order' for me. While I've definitely dabbled in the 'bad' guys (In fact, have a large army of Beastmen for 8th, and my main army in AoS is predominantly Slaves to Darkness), the good guys just resonate a lot more with me. Destruction and Death probably the least to be honest. I do have an army of Orcs and Goblins I started on a whim back in 8th (Mainly to convert up a horde of Big'Uns, but took it too far). I almost started Gutbusters for AoS, but backed away and sold it all off.

Anyway, my favourite, I guess, would likely be Lizardmen. They were the army I originally started playing with, and I still have them to this very day (Although, they haven't made the transition to AoS). I really loved the lore around them pre-AoS, and how cool it is that they're this lost race that had the master plan, but stuff blew up and now they're trying to piece it back together.

My favourite that I've never collected would be Dwarves. I'm really keen to start a force of some kind of Duardin, but it has to hit the right spot (In terms of competitiveness, modelling options, and price!). I've built and painted Dwarves for other things (Unit in my old Dogs of War army, Bloodbowl), and really enjoyed painting them every time,

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Wed Mar 29 2017 at 8:52 PM, Karchev23 said:

Honestly its hard to say now, for a long time it was undead, in particular vampire counts. Then ogres/ beastclaw raiders, but now with the new Kharadron Overlords everythings flipped over. 

I rescind this. Beastclaw raiders are indeed my favorite army.

I have certain criteria when i choose an army to play ( which is probably the same for most of you ).

1. FLUFF! I love fluff, if im getting into a game i have to enjoy the lore, while i miss the old world theres somethinf about the mortal realms which grabbed me. The weird and wackiness mostly, and the option of anyforce fighting anybody anywhere for whatever reason you decide. 

On that note i absolutely love the BCR backround. It was a great reimagining of the ogors ( and im a cavalry kind of guy ). The everwinter being this natural forboding force that follows them everywhere is awesome, gives them a sort of menace that i dont find with other factions.

2. Models obviously, ive always loved the ogre models since they came out ( except the yhetee's * hint gw *). The stonehorn/ thundertusk kit is fantastic and i love mournfang. 

So there you have it. Im all about the everwinters dark imminent blizzard engulfing the realms. Gorkamorka's inexorable rage incarnate.

Just the one character. The rest of the faction doesn't really matter. The model, the art and his novel all were great in my opinion:

"...He leapt to the top of the bloody heap and raised his sword to the heavens, just as a shaft of moonlight broke through the clouds and poured down over him. Picked out in the spotlight, the grinning prince could be seen for miles around and the knights nearest to him stumbled in confusion. None of them had ever witnessed such a dazzling vision of unholy power. The column of light resembled the gaze of a god, shining down benevolently on its most beloved child. A glittering mantle of snowflakes surrounded Sigvald as he surveyed his brutish enemies. “AVERT YOUR GAZE!” he cried, his voice ringing out across the battlefield and his eyes blazing with scorn. He turned his sword towards Mord Huk’s knights. “DO NOT PRESUME TO TURN SUCH REPULSIVE FACES IN MY DIRECTION!” To their amazement, whole swathes of the army looked away in shame, humbled by the prince’s words. Others roared in defiance and launched themselves at him, but before they could reach the Geld-Prince, their brother-knights clubbed them to the ground, desperate to protect the glittering prince..."

When you are so handsome your enemies fight each other to protect you.

Seraphon. I chose them because their lore is amazing, and it makes it easier to include random stuff. (Example: "Why do you have a winged Skink archer?" "My Slann has a strange imagination.") Also, they're lizard people made out of celestial magic that ride dinosaurs.

Archived