davidslv

Hi,

I was told to look into the General's Handbook (https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/Warhammer_aos_generals_handbook_en.pdf

Where it says the following:

Q: Several of the command traits on the allegiance tables modify the effect of a battle trait – for example, Ruler of the Night adds 1 to the dice roll for the Deathless Minions battle trait. Which models do these modifications apply to?

A: They apply to the general and units that are within the range of the battle trait, measured from the general. So, in your example, the bonus for Ruler of the Night would apply to the general, and friendly units within 10" of the general.

Although I'm not sure if this would be the same case when using "Great Destroyer" as command trait.Where it says

Great Destroyer:  Units are affected by Unpredictable Destruction on a roll of 5 or 6, instead of only on a 6.

Unpredictable Destruction

Roll a dice when you pick a CHAOS unit from your army to attack in a combat phase if it is within 8" of your general or another HERO from your army. On a roll of 6 or more, you can add 1 to all hit rolls for the unit being rolled for in that phase.

Now my question is, if my unit is within 8" of a hero, but not the general, do I need a 5+ or do I need a 6?

Also, how can it be 6+? (On a roll of a 6 or more)

Thank you

I assume the 6 or more part is if they ever worked in language to a sub faction that allowed them to increase the roll for UD then it would work. If not it has no bearing on any army to have the "or more" in there. 

I was always under the impression and played it that as long my general was alive I could roll UD on 5+ as long as a hero was within 8". Not the General. because of the specific wording. 

Discussion question: In what scenarios is great destroyer better then Lord of War?? 

Archived