Shadspire in shyish? New death stuff?

18 minutes ago, Thain said:

I just want to know more about the ability to use models from factions other than Stormcast and Khorne. My daughters are both kinda interested in Warhammer, but I don't think either of them have the attention span for the "full" game.

If I could buy my eldest daughter a box of the Sylvaneth she likes the best and play her using a few of my Orcs... It'd be perfect.

They already confirmed more Warband are coming, even some from armies that haven't been released yet. They just haven't said anything names yet. But Sylvaneth are a pretty safe bet.

On 3/22/2017 at 8:21 AM, Thain said:

Those are pretty clearly Khorne-worshippers on the cover. Seems odd to me that a game of "arena combat" would feature Stormcasts versus Khorne cultists... and be about Vampires.

I strongly suspect this will be more of a variation of Gorechosen's gameplay extended to more (all?) factions than a Mordheim-a-like. GW seems pretty committed to the new Warhammer Quest line for that sort of game... and standard AoS already works well for those wanting a small model count game. 

But a "lunch break" length boardgame with Citadel Miniatures duking it out in a gladiator pit? That's a marketing niche they haven't covered.

We talked about this being in our Friday lunch time game rotation today at work... I think Vince Venturella mentioned that you could finish 2 or 3 games in an hour on his youtube live post after the seminar.

Also he mentioned that it was located in Shyish and it was a alternate reality created by Nagash to bring these heroes into combat ( or something similar to that )

On 22/03/2017 at 1:50 PM, Thain said:

I think it's mostly a question of "we've already sunk the capital into making cheap easy to assemble push fit Khorne barbarians and Stormcasts. Might as well use 'me as often as we can to recover that cost."

I disagree with this. I think GW have chosen Stormcasts and Bloodbound as their core factions so everything else can be contrasted against them. Theyve shown this by making these two forces the ones in the starter set, the ones who have up to date books in 17Q1, the ones who are in the Blood and Thunder box or whatever its called, and as the standard wardbands in Shadespire.

GW need to keep their top two front and centre to make everything else look good by comparison!

Also the Shadespire minis are brand new sculpts and the starter box ones arent push fit!

Archived