Da Bloodbreaka Clan

Gorks Pokin' Finger

Greetings all

Doing some other hobby projects currently, but after seeing the new Stormcast exclusive hero stomping on the dead orruk, I decided to take a break and work on this fine fellow here in response.

Meet Arzod Madkraka, an orruk boss who despises da thunda gits and is madder than a Khorne Flesh Hound.

Despite issues working with finecast and flash (😡) I am pleased with how he came out and am happy to add him to my Ironjawz army

IMG_7652.jpg.4b048a2e1cf7724ff7f809b5c536cee5.jpgIMG_7656.jpg.ae4009cb0b29a36fa824cfc02d3c5e23.jpgIMG_7653.jpg.f75f97c21c6de4221779477aeeccfb4d.jpgIMG_7655.jpg.cf5e3b4a430f9f6c2564d5b715d2cbcb.jpgIMG_7654.jpg.4b4b5d1e4ccabe20f91e243ba2a53cc2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Greetings lads

it's an exciting time for the Ironjawz. I've been enjoying the updates the boyz received in GH19, including the new spell lore. I used Power of Da WAAAGH! against Nighthaunt last week and it worked wonders. Looking forward to the new battletome coming out soon. 

Likewise, I'm excited for Warcry. It's the type of game many have been longing for since Mordheim came out. I'm looking to get another box of Brutes to customize (with their own story of course). Also will be using Stormcasts and might one day convert a Witch Hunter warband. The possibilities are endless. 

While I will be using plenty of Brutes, I will also use this lad as my Ardboy Boss. Meet Urgknash da Stompa, warboss of da Skullthumpa Clan, the destoryer of Phaleon, and wielder of the mighty kickin' boots of Bigged! 

IMG_7965.jpg.53039ad9b94722dda08694f3614c4cab.jpg 

IMG_7966.jpg.49077e7673616cae5e7fc134f8b649c0.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg.cd38b65f9fd21bd30385e4a6dcfc38d9.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oi lads

I'm getting stuck in with the new warclans battletome. Lots of potential to be unlocked. 

I played a quick game over the weekend against Beasts of Chaos to see how the army runs. It's as many of you have been saying: our boyz are more killy now. 

We played Border War and I used two battalions:

Allegiance: Ironjawz - Warclan: Ironjawz

LEADERS
Orruk Megaboss (150) - General - Command Trait : Brutish Cunning - Artefact : Gryph-feather Charm
Orruk Warchanter (110) - Artefact : Rageblade - Warbeat : Get 'Em Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110) - Warbeat : Fixin' Beat Orruk
Weirdnob Shaman (110) - Artefact : Great Green Visions

UNITS
10 x Orruk Brutes (280) - Jagged Gore-hackas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140) - Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140) - Pair of Brute Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160) - Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160) - Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)

BATTALIONS
Brute Fist (120)
Ironfist (160)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2 WOUNDS: 155

Having two free mighty destroyers sent my army flying up the board and allowed me to keep even my foot-slogging boyz together. Gore Gruntas hit hard now on the charge. They easily handled a horde of ungors by themselves and cleared the right flank. Having one of my Gruntas as a Big Boss directing my troops without the Megaboss was very helpful. The Brutefist actually worked too. I dealt some mortal wounds on the charge, which helped to weaken my opponent's monsters before he got to counterattack. One of my 10 ardboyz shot up to his territory, and with the double damage buff, erased 20 ungor bowmen and 10 bestigors with no issues. My shaman also managed to get the Hand of Gork off once to throw my other Brutes up the field. Forgot to try the Green Puke ability tho. 

Also, Megaboss Gorfang managed to tank a Dragon Ogor Shaggoth and an ambushing Ghorgon simultaneously before killing the shaggoth with Mighty Destroyers and then in the combat phase finish off the Ghorgon. His +1 to hit buff isn't as great as WAAAGH! but it almost ensures your precious attacks will get to wound.

We called it at turn three after I tabled him. Once my Ironjawz reached him, he didn't have a lot of room to maneuver. 

I'm going to test out a Maw Krusha list next and then try out a Big WAAAGH! list, but really liked how this "Two Fist Kombo" list worked. Those extra command points are quite handy when you're in a spot.

I will be playing at PAX Unplugged this December, my first tournament of the year. Hope I can do our boyz proud.

Cheers