Chimeras

Ruben

Reading chimera's warscroll (https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-chimera-en.pdf), I'm wondering, how come nobody includes these in their lists? 12 wounds, 5+ saves (ok, ****** saves), but has a ranged attack that deals D6 guaranteed mortal wounds at 14", and fairly punchy melee attacks, with 2 of them doing Dx damage, and the other doing 2 damage flat out. 3 out of 4 melee attacks have rend too. It can fly, and +2 charge.

Points wise, it comes in at 240 points, just 40 shy of a soulgrinder. But with its mortal wound ranged attacks it seems to fulfil the poor shooting that Khorne and Nurgle lists have in common.

So my question is, what's wrong with my mathammer?

The biggest reason not to take monsters is they break anything other than pure Chaos alliegance and thus don't fit into the "theme" of an army.

It'd be great if we could give generic Monsters, or if there were a split of the monsters amongst the gods as appropriate.

That said, what is cool is fielding a Beastman army using a couple of these in conjunction with the Great Bray Shaman.

Yep I used to summon them. Although my cygor does more ranged damage for whatever reason. Before the generals handbook I summon the cygor and it would instant kill an enemy wizard every time. The chimera turns up takes a wound off something and then gets himself killed every time. Maybe he wont whiff as much when he is painted.

It does not have that many attacks. I usually gets one or 2 random head's attacks trough and then armour saves means it does not do much in cc. The 5+ save means the while not squishy, it's not very durable either.

So it usually ends up as a mobile, but limited range mortal wound generator. Which is cool, but not quite as good as other things you can do with 240 points.

Archived