Rotbringes bring Death and Decay

SySt3m_3rr0r

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I was in my local Store to chat with the SM a bit and saw that awesome "Miniature" the Glottkin. 

I quit Warhammer in the 8th Edition, a short time before Endtimes. I got Stormcasts too I started a few weeks ago and I like them a lot, but they are so shiney xD.

So we Brainstormed for Nurgle Rotbringers List. Today I played 1k the first time agaist Ironjawz and tadaaa...the only thing he has got left were 10 Ardboys. I ate a Waaarghboss, a Warchanter and 15 Brutes with 5 Putrid Blightkings and the Glottkin.

Now I want to expand them to max. 2,5k

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
The Glottkin (480)
- General
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Rotbringers Sorcerer (100)
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Lord of Plagues (100)
- Artefact: Daemon Weapon

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
- Mortal Nurgle Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (360)

Units

Battalions
Blight Guard (100)

Total: 1940/2000

a Triumph Roll is safe because 60Pts left.

What do you think? I really like the Idea of having the big things there =). They may be not the best DMG Dealer but they have some stamina and a very nice healing synergy.

Leaders
The Glottkin (480)
- General
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Lord of Plagues (100)
- Artefact: Daemon Weapon

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Blight Guard (100)

Total: 2480/2000

Cheers

I think the lord of plagues and rotbringer sorcerer are so mediocre it hurts.  I know you included them because you have the blightguard. Its a great formation but it ends up being quite expensive. The plaguetouched warband  from the everchosen book.is another option. its 40 points more then the blightguard, but it effects everyone in the battalion (so your glotkin and bloab and everyone), but not in the shooting phase, and you cant use the main ability because you dont have a reliable way of having your units in a multiple of seven unless you take large blocks of chaff. 

Just highlighting another option for you there. 

I would ditch the demon weapon as its pretty garbage. 7 on 2d6 is above average for rolls and only applies 1 mortal wound. I think the chaos runeblade would make him a bit more killy. Also I have no clue why you have the crown of conquest on the rotbringer sorcerer. battle shock is not something blightkings worry about. Not only are the bravery 9 with the icon, but they dont lose lots of models, generally. If your losing a lot of models within a unit of blightkings in a turn.. they have other problems. Grab a beguiling gem to stack with your - to hit rolls spam. or a Chaos talisman for a 6+ ward save.

Just a word of advice, 10 blightkings in a unit might feel.. unwieldy. They have large bases and so most of the time at the very least, half of your unit wont be able to attack. They will be there to jump to the front when someone dies and keep the fight going which is good. Nurgle wins in a battle of attrition. 

The last thing I will mention is the Harbinger of Decay. His command ability is erection inducing. It gives every mortal nurgle unit a 5+ save against wounds and mortal wounds on top of their armor save... its insanely powerful. And if you take him as your general, you are able to take a command trait like lord of war and make one of your units of blightkings blighted weapons ability trigger on a 5+ rather then just a 6+ So yeah... he is prettttttty good and cheap. The glotkin is good not great without the command ability. Worth keeping him in because he deals a ton of damage, adds a shooting ability to help trigger bloabs spell (miasma of pestilence) and can absorb a lot of damage! especially with the harbinger providing an additional 5++ save!

very

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I think the lord of plagues and rotbringer sorcerer are so mediocre it hurts.  I know you included them because you have the blightguard. Its a great formation but it ends up being quite expensive. The plaguetouched warband  from the everchosen book.is another option. its 40 points more then the blightguard, but it effects everyone in the battalion (so your glotkin and bloab and everyone), but not in the shooting phase, and you cant use the main ability because you dont have a reliable way of having your units in a multiple of seven unless you take large blocks of chaff. 

Just highlighting another option for you there. 

I would ditch the demon weapon as its pretty garbage. 7 on 2d6 is above average for rolls and only applies 1 mortal wound. I think the chaos runeblade would make him a bit more killy. Also I have no clue why you have the crown of conquest on the rotbringer sorcerer. battle shock is not something blightkings worry about. Not only are the bravery 9 with the icon, but they dont lose lots of models, generally. If your losing a lot of models within a unit of blightkings in a turn.. they have other problems. Grab a beguiling gem to stack with your - to hit rolls spam. or a Chaos talisman for a 6+ ward save.

Just a word of advice, 10 blightkings in a unit might feel.. unwieldy. They have large bases and so most of the time at the very least, half of your unit wont be able to attack. They will be there to jump to the front when someone dies and keep the fight going which is good. Nurgle wins in a battle of attrition. 

The last thing I will mention is the Harbinger of Decay. His command ability is erection inducing. It gives every mortal nurgle unit a 5+ save against wounds and mortal wounds on top of their armor save... its insanely powerful. And if you take him as your general, you are able to take a command trait like lord of war and make one of your units of blightkings blighted weapons ability trigger on a 5+ rather then just a 6+ So yeah... he is prettttttty good and cheap. The glotkin is good not great without the command ability. Worth keeping him in because he deals a ton of damage, adds a shooting ability to help trigger bloabs spell (miasma of pestilence) and can absorb a lot of damage! especially with the harbinger providing an additional 5++ save!

Thank you for your advices, there are some very nice ones. I really like your Idea of the Harbringer of Decay. I have them left our because the original Model is ugly as hell and just Mailorder.

I don't think that the Nurgle Sorcerer and the Lord of Plague are mediocre.

The Sorcerer kills an Warghboss with his mortal wounds spell and could cast some mythic shield. I like them a Lot for 100 Pts. okay the Lord of Plague is a bit weak but if your positioning is good he can suck with his healing.

Bligthkings of 10 man, mhm you might be correct with that.

The Plaguetouched warband is going to be much more expensive. 7 Blightking Units and I can't use the main ability is for my opinion just wasting points.

If I take the Blight Guard I get the same Bonus as I would get with the Plaguetouched (the -1 hit) and I get a second ability to reroll hits of 1 and the -1 Hit is for ALL attacks (shoot+Meele). So that are 2 boni for 100 Pts, against 1 bonus (wich is the same as the blightguard ones) for 140 Pts. If I could use the unholy 7 thing the Plaguetoched would be better...

Maybe this could be one list. I could drop he Bloab+2nd Sorcerer and get in more Blightknights, but I really like the Miniature. The 2nd Sorcerer is just in because without it I have 100 pts left and dont know what to do with them

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Lord of Plagues (100)
The Glottkin (480)
Bloab Rotspawned (260)

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Blight Guard (100)

Total: 2000/2000

You don't need only blightkings for the plagetouched warband. Since, for example, the glotkin has both the mortal and nurgle keywords..he counts as one of the 7 required mortal nurgle units. Same with bloab, and any other unit with both mortal and nurgle keywords. This extends to any slave to darkness unit given the mark of nurgle. Which includes the vastly superior chaos sorcerer lord (over the rotbringer sorcerer) with mark of nurgle. I'm not here to tell you not to play the blightguard. I use it occasionally but I find it to be a bit to restrictive.

The rotbringer sorcerer "unique" spell is a slightly better arcane bolt. And since glotkin can cast two spells a turn..you can use him to cast mystic shield. 

I was was going to convert my own harbinger model using the lord of plagues and a plague drone. His mount is actually a demon (look at the keywords) so it makes sense to be a plague drone. I ended up scoring the model (which isn't to bad IMO) for only $10. So I was happy. May still do the comvaeion but I have a massive painting backlog to try to complete for a tournament this summer ?

Again your list is good but I don't like the sorcerer at all. And you have doubled down on him. That's just my opinion. I actually think the lord of plagues has more value. He heals a wound EVERY hero phase (including your opponents) and has rend which then blightkings don't. He is complimentary to them.

instead of adding a second rotbringer sorcerer why not have a unit of 10 plaguebearers demons to summon. That's what I always use the rotbringer sorcerer for.. tomsummon in a couple units if demons. It's an easy spell to cast (5 I believe) so he racks up a ton of extra wounds as he marches up he field. Can use he plagebeaers as a road block, or drop on an objective. It's nice because nurgle lacks speed and mobility somsumloming gives you the option to place a unit 18" in any direction from the caster. 

55 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

You don't need only blightkings for the plagetouched warband. Since, for example, the glotkin has both the mortal and nurgle keywords..he counts as one of the 7 required mortal nurgle units. Same with bloab, and any other unit with both mortal and nurgle keywords. This extends to any slave to darkness unit given the mark of nurgle. Which includes the vastly superior chaos sorcerer lord (over the rotbringer sorcerer) with mark of nurgle. I'm not here to tell you not to play the blightguard. I use it occasionally but I find it to be a bit to restrictive.

Again your list is good but I don't like the sorcerer at all. And you have doubled down on him. That's just my opinion. I actually think the lord of plagues has more value. He heals a wound EVERY hero phase (including your opponents) and has rend which then blightkings don't. He is complimentary to them.

instead of adding a second rotbringer sorcerer why not have a unit of 10 plaguebearers demons to summon. That's what I always use the rotbringer sorcerer for.. tomsummon in a couple units if demons. It's an easy spell to cast (5 I believe) so he racks up a ton of extra wounds as he marches up he field. Can use he plagebeaers as a road block, or drop on an objective. It's nice because nurgle lacks speed and mobility somsumloming gives you the option to place a unit 18" in any direction from the caster. 

I think Heroes are no Units. With Units they mean all other things exept heroes. or not?

Ok the Lords may be bit better if they heal in every herophase a wound+healing of the kings. 2 Sorcerer might be stupid ok.

If I summon them I'm still out of the Nurgle Rotbringers and have to field 3 general Battlelines, or does summoning ignores that?

I really like your Idea about the custom Harbringer!!! thanks a lot

I'm happy to help. I offer opinions on units, but dont mean to denigrate your choices. I hope I am not coming across like this.

Hero's are units. It is a unit of one model. Just because a unit is a hero, does not mean it is not also mortal nurgle. :D This question has been FAQ'd to specificy that hero units do count as a unit when it comes to battalions. 

If you summon demons it does not break your allegiance to mortal nurgle.  You simply set aside a certain number of points (NOT specific units) to use for summoning. Allegiance is based on whats on the table at the start of the game. 

The blightguard list I used last time was this:

Glotkin (general)

Festus the Leechlord

Rotbringer Sorcerer

-Chaos Talisman

Lord of Plagues

-Chaos Runeblade

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x5

1620/2000

I had 2x 10 plaguebeaerers and a nurgle demon prince to summon. I got beat bad, but the demon prince didnt show up until the last turn and I didnt have a harbinger of decay at that time. If I run the blightguard again I will run this:

Harbinger of Decay (General)

-Lord of war

-Chaos Talisman

Glotkin 

Festus the Leechlord

Rotbringer Sorcerer

Lord of Plagues

-Chaos Runeblade

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x5

Blightkings x5

1760/2000 With point left to summon 2 units of 10 plaguebearers. 

4 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

If you summon demons it does not break your allegiance to mortal nurgle.  You simply set aside a certain number of points (NOT specific units) to use for summoning. Allegiance is based on whats on the table at the start of the game. 

OKAAAAY...this opens a lot of new doors to me. Very nice. Big thanks.

Could you maybe post a pic from your conversion I fornd something like this (very expensive Conversion)

27317180964_2b2eb57cd7_c.jpg

Holy balls that is gorgeous! Im sure you could bits order Bloab and buy a single plague drone off ebay. So it wouldn't be to expensive! I simply cannot find the picture.. but it was a lord of plagues (or really ANY blight king model or nurgle-y model with blightking bits) on top of a plague drone. The plague drones have a space for a rider anyway.. so it takes very minor/novice green stuff skills to achieve. 

Do you have a old lord on planaquinn? I use my kitbashed one, the view of using him at the harbinger of decay has yet to have a complaint. 

Edit.

10/10 on the photos there  totally using the advice from the stream today :P

20170302_183353.jpg

20170302_183400.jpg

20170302_183408.jpg

Unsure about this, but you could probably use the left over body part from the maggoth lord, (probably morbidex is best ) and just cut his head off an green stuff a blightking one on, or just use morbidex will still look good 

Then you just need a chaos knight and legs, and attach the body, this should look great with the scythe.

Here's my custom lord on Daemonic Mount as an example. It uses the charioteer body 

20170302_183628.jpg

20170302_183640.jpg

36 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Holy balls that is gorgeous! Im sure you could bits order Bloab and buy a single plague drone off ebay. So it wouldn't be to expensive! I simply cannot find the picture.. but it was a lord of plagues (or really ANY blight king model or nurgle-y model with blightking bits) on top of a plague drone. The plague drones have a space for a rider anyway.. so it takes very minor/novice green stuff skills to achieve. 

it is amazing but the conversion is about 100 Euros

where do I find that summoning rules?

1 hour ago, SySt3m_3rr0r said:

it is amazing but the conversion is about 100 Euros

where do I find that summoning rules?

Well it wouldnt be 100 euros if you can buy bloab himself (ebay) without the mount and a single plague drone. early pricing puts it at about 30-40 which is the price of the harbinger model itself. No worries though!

Summoning rules? The only rules I know of are on the warscroll you are trying to summon. So if you want to summon plaguebearers you look on the plaguebearers warscroll to find the casting value, and how far out you can place them, and other restrictions.  (Usually 9" away from the enemy)

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Do you have a old lord on planaquinn? I use my kitbashed one, the view of using him at the harbinger of decay has yet to have a complaint. 

Edit.

10/10 on the photos there  totally using the advice from the stream today :P

20170302_183353.jpg

Nice finger tip :D but even COOLER conversion man!! Thats so inventive! reminds me of the epidemius model! I am going to steal this and give you no credit ahaha jk.

31 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Well it wouldnt be 100 euros if you can buy bloab himself (ebay) without the mount and a single plague drone. early pricing puts it at about 30-40 which is the price of the harbinger model itself. No worries though!

Summoning rules? The only rules I know of are on the warscroll you are trying to summon. So if you want to summon plaguebearers you look on the plaguebearers warscroll to find the casting value, and how far out you can place them, and other restrictions.  (Usually 9" away from the enemy)

I'm sure that summoning works not as u wished it would. I think if I summ some Deamons I have to get 3 Chaos Battlelines because I'm recruiting outside Rotbringers and Blightkings wont be Battlelines anymore.

Ordering Bits...mhm I hate to wait for something.

Got Flies at home in my Bitsbox. Just Wings and Rider Missing.

20170302_220539.jpg

20170302_220544.jpg

No summoning works just as I said. It was FAQ'd

Page 108 – Reinforcement Points Add the following to the end of the second paragraph: ‘Reinforcement units must belong to the same Grand Alliance as the rest of your army, but can otherwise have any allegiance. Because restrictions are determined when you pick your army, units added later using reinforcement points can allow the army to exceed the normal limitations for leaders, artillery and behemoths.’

You "declare your allegiance" at the begining of the game. Whatever you summon (as long as its within your grand alliance) doesnt matter and doesnt break your mortal nurgle allegiance. You could summon bloodletters or a lord of change if you wanted and it wouldnt break your mortal nurgle allegiance. 

ughhh I need a plaguedrone. LOL I accidentilly bid on the wrong ebay auction a while back and bought two plaguedrone as opposed to the auction with three in it *Facepalm*

39 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

No summoning works just as I said. It was FAQ'd

Page 108 – Reinforcement Points Add the following to the end of the second paragraph: ‘Reinforcement units must belong to the same Grand Alliance as the rest of your army, but can otherwise have any allegiance. Because restrictions are determined when you pick your army, units added later using reinforcement points can allow the army to exceed the normal limitations for leaders, artillery and behemoths.’

You "declare your allegiance" at the begining of the game. Whatever you summon (as long as its within your grand alliance) doesnt matter and doesnt break your mortal nurgle allegiance. You could summon bloodletters or a lord of change if you wanted and it wouldnt break your mortal nurgle allegiance. 

ughhh I need a plaguedrone. LOL I accidentilly bid on the wrong ebay auction a while back and bought two plaguedrone as opposed to the auction with three in it *Facepalm*

Thank you. Really this opens new doors =)

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Nice finger tip :D but even COOLER conversion man!! Thats so inventive! reminds me of the epidemius model! I am going to steal this and give you no credit ahaha jk.

its fine, i brought it off ebay and added the lord.

i think its mostly plagueclaw catapult parts 

On 2.3.2017 at 7:24 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

work is done.

16938903_1521624277862368_32335181252142083_n.jpg

17155656_1521624931195636_4221026646925854777_n.jpg

17155677_1521624317862364_4741626258077677797_n.jpg

Archived