First Ironjawz lists

ADDriot

Hi all

Starting to pick up my stuff for an Ironjawz force. I have two lists in mind, 1000 and 1500 that won't cost me too much $$. 

First up is the 1000:

Megaboss (Bellowing tyrant, battle brew)

Warchanter (Talisman of protection)

10 Arbboys

10 Brutes, jagged gore hackas and gorechoppa

5 Brutes , double choppas and gore choppa

Ironfist battallion

Then if I were to go to 1500 I'd add:

Megaboss (give him battlebrew instead of the Chanter's Talisaman)

2 x5 or 1 x 10 brutes

I have NO experience with Ironjawz. Does this look like a good start? Don't want to go buying models that I won't need.

29 minutes ago, ADDriot said:

First up is the 1000:

Megaboss (Bellowing tyrant, battle brew)

Warchanter (Talisman of protection)

10 Arbboys

10 Brutes, jagged gore hackas and gorechoppa

5 Brutes , double choppas and gore choppa

Ironfist battalion

Welcome to Ironjawz @ADDriot,

The above list is about as good as it gets for us at 1k. The standard 1k build is Megaboss, Warchanter, Ironfist and 4 units of your choosing, exactly as you've done there. With all the units costing 180 you can chop and change as you see fit.

If money is a consideration, I'd swap out the 5 Brutes for 3 Gore-gruntas. Arguably makes the list slightly weaker, however it'll give you some variety in your models and it'll also make the Start Collecting box a steal. That way you can buy a Megaboss, Start Collecting box and 2 boxes of Brutes for your 1,000 point army.

Enjoy.

25 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

The Gore gruntas are there for board zoning and holding things up. That's simply their role. I find however at 1k you don't need the speed, two runs and still being able to charge means the brutes aren't slow.

I have the opposite experience, actually :D At 1k, I find that you can more or less zone off half the enemy army with 3 Gruntas, and duff the rest up with your brutes.

Archived