1200pt Bloodbound list

Wolden Spoons

Gribblings fellow Chaos fiends, blood for the blood God etc.

I'm playing in an event this weekend at my local store, playing 1200pts so 3 battlelines required. My current army is:

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Great Destroyer, Chaos Runeblade

Bloodsecrator, crown of conquest

Bloodstoker

10 Blood Warriors with double axe

5 Blood Warriors

20 Blood Reavers

10 Blood Reavers with big axes

3 MIGHTY Skullcrushers 

2 Khorgorath

Goreblade warband.

Lots of models on GH board, and a very Killy general. The three missions are take and hold,  border war and three places of power.

I feel my list handles the first two well but I'm not convinced for places of power. My option is to swap the Lord and formation for an Exalted Deathbringer and a Slaughterpriest. I lose some charging bonuses but I have a hero who hits nearly as hard, the priest covers the dispel but adds a ranged element. Plus can drag heroes off the objectives. Which of the two do you prefer? Small caveat being first army is complete, I'd have to paint the Deathbringer in a week for the second.

Sorry, sometimes I seem to miss odd posts :D

If I were choosing, I'd likely go with the list you originally put up.  Although an Exalted Deathbringer and Slaughterpriest would make a good combination I think the Mighty Lord's ability to instant-death a model could be needed as you could easily be facing a couple of behemoths.  The battalion will also boost the potential number of attacks and ability to get into combat pretty significantly.

It's a shame you couldn't merge either the Blood Warriors or (preferably) the Blood Reavers, because you're going to have a unit of each not benefiting from your battalion.

I think in the interest of using my Gorechosen I'll test out the following list before seeing sense and running the original list.

Exalted Deathbringer, Aspiring Deathbringer (general), skullgrinder, Slaughterpriest, Bloodsecrator 

10 blood warriors, 20 blood Reavers, 5 blood Warriors, 3 MIGHTY Skullcrushers, 2 Khorgorath

Archived