Thanquol and Boneripper uses, weapons and/or conversions

Kugane

So I am about to build boneripper, but I'm a bit thorn how to build it/convert it. For one, I would like to use the warpfire projectors for my stormfiends, since I am still 2 sets short, from what I've understood Thanquol and Boneripper is not exactly a competitive unit to begin with (if only the Verminlord Deceiver were a Skaven... 3x Skitterleap would open up some great plays), so it made me wonder if I should use this miniature/set differently and convert it into something different altogether, or keep it as it is?

1. I was wondering if it would be considered acceptable and still WYSIWYG if I were to equip him with 2 warpfire projectors and 2 fist weapons (I love the look of the fists)?

2. Would it be an acceptable and legal conversion if I turned him into a Verminlord warbringer using spare Verminlord bits? (mostly verminlord warbringer head, claw + glaive and perhaps the 2 corruptor weapons)

3. Is it alright to use boneripper as a stormfiend?

4. Anyone have any alternative ideas what to do with it?

Concerning Thanquol, I would most likely convert him into a grey seer or warlord. I might even put him on a screaming bell instead of the regular grey seer.

Depends who you will be playing. If you aren't going to tournaments then WYSIWYG isn't really relevant as long as you explain to your opponent first before your match.

Verminlord Warbringer would be a fantastic conversion. 

YOu can use him as a converted stormefiend but ideally you would want him on the same base as they use.

I think you could convert him into a very decent looking skaven pit abomination if you strip most of the mechanical aspects from him and use some Green Stuff to tidy him up. 

27 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

Depends who you will be playing. If you aren't going to tournaments then WYSIWYG isn't really relevant as long as you explain to your opponent first before your match.

Verminlord Warbringer would be a fantastic conversion. 

YOu can use him as a converted stormefiend but ideally you would want him on the same base as they use.

I think you could convert him into a very decent looking skaven pit abomination if you strip most of the mechanical aspects from him and use some Green Stuff to tidy him up. 

The size of boneripper as a stormfiend is one of the things holding me back to go that path. I doubt there'd be any decent way of fitting him on a smaller base like that. I might end up going with the warbringer path at this rate and use the additional boneripper bits to turn some rat ogres into fiends instead. As for size, I can always fit the converted warbringer on a rock or something to make him the same size as the real verminlord model.

I would recommend keeping it as it is! T&B is excellent miniature, super fun to paint. I am already painting my second T&B, with alternative set of weapons:) I think its my favourite Skaven miniature. Also, verminlord is great kit on its own, so you don't really have to convert Thanquol;)

2 hours ago, Rev said:

I would recommend keeping it as it is! T&B is excellent miniature, super fun to paint. I am already painting my second T&B, with alternative set of weapons:) I think its my favourite Skaven miniature. Also, verminlord is great kit on its own, so you don't really have to convert Thanquol;)

Fair enough :), the model does look amazing. I'm really liking the braziers. Still giving it a thought for a few days though. You use Thanquol in your army? How is it doing?

On 20.02.2017 at 1:48 AM, Kugane said:

Fair enough :), the model does look amazing. I'm really liking the braziers. Still giving it a thought for a few days though. You use Thanquol in your army? How is it doing?

Hmmm I think I'm more of the collector here, didn't have chance to play with Thanquol so far. I did some research, however, and it seems that projectors one performs better, especially when paired with deceiver (teleport and still shoot). But I prefer braziers one in terms of look, so got both^^ And will definitely try both in my games (not at once tho, hehe).

Archived