Looking to Expand from 1k Bloodbound

Wraith01

I started out with the Khorne Bloodbound half from the Starter Set and the SlaughterPriest included in White Dwarf. I also have the Storm of Sigmar set and a box of Blood Warriors. So I have 1000 points and some extras. I recently ordered a box of Bloodletters and feel like getting a box of Bloodreavers... I also like the look of the Skullreapers. Right know I'm wondering if it would be good to get either the Slaves to Darkness or Deamons of Khorne Start collecting boxes?

The point of this post is to get recommendations for how to expand. My birthday is coming up and I think that's a good excuse to indulge and buy something, but I'd like to keep it under $100. I play casually at my local shop, I've just been in the hobby for 6 months or so. I tend to like variety in my models cause it keeps me interested in painting them. 

General Mighty Lord of Khorne

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

Slaughterpriest

18 Blood Warriors

25 Bloodreavers 

1 Khorgorath

10 Bloodletters (ordered)

Assuming staying pure khorne then I think I would get Wrath mongers as they will give you some more killy power and something to go toe to toe with monsters. I would take them over more reavers any day. In addition, The SC demons as it will give you more blood letters and a skull cannon (should you build it). So some khorne type range. If you have budget left then add a hero. base that choice on buff as opposed to damage as buffs more useful as points increase - Sayl is handy for example

Also Check put the battle time for battalions and see what you like then build towards it

other fun options include

chaos shrine - get if you want more reavers

marauders - interesting alternative to reavers - different load out plus shield for save iirc

chaos knights - some speed

SC  bloodbound - priest, more warriors and skull crushers - for range, kill and speed

Also don't forget the most important factor - rule of cool

therr are lots of options so make sure to read the scrolls first and also consider your own play style 

one last thing, if you get wrathmongers you can kit bash the skull takers using starter set blood warrior legs. Be sure to check uncle google before you do though

Archived