Question; How big is Chaos Mammoth?

I am going to scratchbuild Nurgle chaos mammoth. But how big should it be? I  interested how big FW original is, and how big woul be too big and how small would be too small. 

Also, if some kind person could give me measurements of official Stonehorn and/or Thundertusk minis. I am going to do few of those later. 

Reason for scratchbuilding is that I tend to oversculpt models all over for my Nurgle army, so why not build them all together...

On 12-2-2017 at 3:40 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

You can't get the FW war mammoth anymore but it was bigger than stonehorn and the Haradrim oliphant from Lord of the rings.

Go big!!

might be worth looking at a forgeworld squiggoth?

79150_md-Forge%20World,%20Mammoth,%20Mum

Thanks for sharing! It's a shame the lotr one is so much thinner  

The prices they go for on eBay are insane. You'd think FW would pick up on that and dust of the old molds. 

problem is that it's not the complexity of the model which drives cost, it's the weight of resin used. They used to be 240 pounds.  The only thing you can do is email them to see if they can do a small production run.   It's a pity as I've seen the ones that come up on eBay and nearly all of them are recasts - you can generally tell as they're nearly all sold undercoated and with the smaller pieces missing, like the marauder chieftain.

Most people with a genuine one that I know won't let it go for less than its original retail of not 300 plus, so like back in the day, you had to really want one.

The image above came off a google search, the same guy had one with all three, mommoth, LoTR and stonehorn but I couldn't find that one for some reason.

Archived