Replacement Therapy - New / Returning Player

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around the fringes of Age of Sigmar, watching YouTube videos and playing Mordheim on my PC, for the last year and a bit and, having given up smoking in 2017, I decided that I should do something with all the mythical money that I have been saving not buying cigarettes - this money does not show up in my bank account, but must exist somewhere now that I'm not spending £40-£50 a week on something right?

Anyway, I've picked up a copy of the Silver Tower, as the girlfriend expressed a slight interest and a slight interest was all I needed in order to jump in with both feet, and I have been blown away by the quality of the miniatures. I've not played Warhammer since the 4th edition and the difference between those plastic models and these is staggering. I'd obviously seen them on YouTube and the web stores, but even then I wasn't prepared for seeing them up close and nor was I prepared to be bitten by the painting bug, which had always been a chore for me in the past. This time however, I'm relishing the time away from a screen and losing myself in a job badly done!

While I'm obviously in the first flushes of a new addiction, I thought I'd introduce myself anyway, as I have a feeling that this one will be around for a while.

Cheers

Hi :)

On 03/02/2017 at 1:31 AM, Tzaangor Management said:

I decided that I should do something with all the mythical money that I have been saving not buying cigarettes - this money does not show up in my bank account, but must exist somewhere now that I'm not spending £40-£50 a week on something right?

Have you checked down the back of the sofa?  It's always down the back of the sofa ;) xD (sorry, couldn't resist :$)

On 03/02/2017 at 1:31 AM, Tzaangor Management said:

I've not played Warhammer since the 4th edition and the difference between those plastic models and these is staggering. 

Indeed ... comparing the plastic Wight King sculpt to the original Skeleton Warriors from the (1991?) Skeleton Horde boxed set shows an amazing difference.  To be honest, there's been a noticeable increase quality in the last 5-10 years.

Thank you for the welcomes!

15 hours ago, Cordova said:

Have you checked down the back of the sofa?  It's always down the back of the sofa ;) xD (sorry, couldn't resist :$)

Ha, yeah you'd think it would be there wouldn't you?!

I had an High Elf army, so comparing those plastic guys from the box, to the Tenebrael Shard and Mistweaver Saih is like Night and Day. Not to mention the Ogroid Thaumaturge to the cardboard heroes you got in that boxed set!

Archived