Ironjawz 1000

Gorks Pokin' Finger

Oi lads

I have my first tournament next month. Since our community is still growing, we are starting small with a 1000 point tournament. I bought the Ironjawz Thunderfist over the holidays and am halfway done with the army. I was considering combining Greenskinz with Ironjawz to flood the board, but I figured I would like to try pure Ironjawz for this tournament.

Rampaging Destroyers & Ravanger combo

Megaboss - 140 with Battlebrew

Warchanter - 80

5 Brutes - 180 (Boss) (Two Choppas, Hacka, Klaw n basha)

10 Ardboyz - 180 (Big Choppa)

10 Ardboyz - 180 (Two Choppas)

3 Gore-Gruntaz - 180 (Choppas)

Ironfist - 60

I want the second unit of Brutes but I am unsure if I will have them finished in time. I am considering making them with the Jagged-Gore Hakka so whenever I get another unit of Brutes I will have the big 10 unit of hackas which I have seen successful in many lists. Yet I don't mind having 20 Ardboyz. They are one of my all-time favorite warhammer units and they have been successful for me in AOS thus far. Plus, they give me some extra bodies in scenarios. With the ravanger-rampage combo, I want to overwhelm my opposition early. Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, score early, and bash some skulls in 

7 hours ago, Anaticula said:

My 1000 pts look like

Megaboss

2 x Warchanter

10 Ardboyz

10 Ardboyz

5 Brutes

5 Brutes

I think you're 20 points over (1020).

I've been running 3 different lists: an ironfist list, and a weirdfist/weirdfoot

I get 3 heroes with the list and am not dependent on Foot of Gork, but tend to use arcane bolt on enemy heroes for high damage. The warchanter helps with objectives and buffing boyz or brutes. The weirdfoot variant has been fun, I'll take a balewind vortex instead of the warchanter. Stomping on a 7 for at least the first round is acceptable. The vortex should be able to be summoned on a 5 due to the +2 weirdnob buff. Take and hold, and more static gameplans are great for the Weirdfoot.

Weirdfist: (Weirdfoot variant is substituting a balewind vortex for the warchanter.)

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Battle Brew
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Units

Battalions
Weirdfist (100)

Total: 980/2000

The Ironfist list has been more of the go to list for me, as it seems more competitive. I tend to tie up a unit or hold a point with the ardboys and smash big targets with the brutes.

Ironfist:

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Ironjawz Battleline