Cult of Slaanesh

Kzar2011

Hey everyone. So i keep hearing rumors about cult of slaanesh and that has always been an obsession of mine. I painted/converted my entire first dark elf army with that theme in mind. I would like to get a jump start and make up some warscrolls to do some narrative play with this cult. Possibly an all elf small campaign with the discovery of the cult and its influence in taking over a city. 

Questions

1. What types of units would you like to see in a totally made up cult of slaanesh army?

I would like to see sorceress of course, some sort of cultist. I also loved the annointed from 6th edition that was the demon infused dark elf fighter. I also had the idea that there would be a more male oriented sect that would sew their mouths shut and put off all pleasure because they believe that pain is the only true pleasure for themselves. These dudes would be heavy infantry and basically units of lesser annointed mentioned earlier.  I also would love to see a big monster or cauldron of blood type model. 

2. What are some ideas for special rules you would like to see?

Summon a keeper of secrets

Pain before pleasure- This unit gains +1 attack in the combat phase if the unit has received wounds in this player turn. 

Tempting- similar to current keeper of secrets, but each sorceress could select a leader and that leader can gain +1 to cast if wizard or +1 to hit if fighter but may not attack that model for the entire game.     

Do share some pictures of that converted army of yours!

In terms of gameplay, the current Hosts of Slaanesh don't synergise well among Mortals & Daemons due to keywords. Would hope that the Cult doesn't suffer from this. But I'd like to see cultists gaining strength from the presence of Daemons, or weakening without.

Definitely think the theme of pain v pleasure should be retained, and almost be a suicidal army that throws itself at the enemy to please their dark masters/mistresses.

The Raging Heroes Lust Elves range are a good fit for the Cult but I do suspect the aesthetic may be markedly different when GW produce theirs to make it a bit more kiddy friendly. The Gathering Storm 40k release in my mind is probably the direction they are going with for the Slaanelves.

I posted this before, but I would love to see some more 'push' and 'pull' mechanics in AOS - 'pulling' away a hero in three places of power would be a great way to mess with people's precisely measured distances.

Slaneesh would be a great fit for 'luring' mortal units of objectives, maybe pulling them into charge range, moving them off objectives, pulling them within spell range.

• 2 weeks later...

I made some more warscrolls for an Effigy of Excess (slaanesh version of cauldron of blood) and sybarite cavalry (aelves riding steeds of slaanesh) *having difficulty uploading from runebrush's website*

Also, here are the allegiance abilities, artifacts, command traits, and battalions

Allegiance Ability:

Deadly Swift: Units with “Cult of Slaanesh” keyword may run and charge in the same turn if they are within 12” of a hero at the start of the charge phase.

Command Traits

• Immaculate beauty- This creature’s physical features draw the eye of all creatures high and low. Focus and desire gain hold of their mind whenever they are near. Enemy models suffer -1 to hit in shooting/cc

• Insatiable craving for violence- No matter the foe, members of the cult follow this creature for they know that slaughter, pain and most importantly pleasure are guaranteed to come. All friendly units, including this model, within 12” may reroll charge rolls

• Intoxicating fumes- Incense and sniffing boxes waft around this creature bringing on euphoria and adrenaline rushes. This model gains +1 to wound when charging and any friendly models within 6” at start of the combat phase when it has charged.

• Dark Temptation- This creature has the power to grant strength and power to foes nearby. It is a touch from the Dark Prince himself, and the Dark Prince doesn’t allow a touch without payment. May grant up to +6 attacks to an enemy model each hero phase. If that model rolls any 1s to hit then it is slain.

• Suffering for pleasure: As with all Slaanesh worshippers, pain and pleasure are intertwined together, but for this creature pain is the ultimate goal. If this general has previously suffered any damage in this turn then you may add +1 attack with all ranged and close combat weapons.

• Flashing Speed- The lithe limbs and movements of this creature invoke a similar craving for movement in followers around.  This model may cast Flashing Speed in the hero phase. Flashing Speed has a casting value of 4. Once cast pick a friendly unit with 18”. That unit may roll an additional dice when running and charge and use the highest result. *Note that if the general is already a wizard then this spell may be cast in addition to any other spells it may normally cast.*

Artifacts

• Titanium Coils- These whips are carried around at all times, shinning immaculately with a plethora of scythed blades, spikes, and leather. During the shooting phase, this model may whip a close by enemy model. Roll a dice for each wound the model has. On 6, the model suffers a mortal wound.

• Cloak of Twilight- From an age beyond memory, this cloak bears constellations and causes shadows far beyond that of normal cloth. Roll a dice for each wound or mortal wound this model suffers in the hero phase and shooting phase. On a roll of 4 or more, the wound or mortal wound is ignored.

• Shadowstone- Carried in a necklace or an a helm, blood spilled nearby causes this stone to pulse with a mysterious light with flashes of shadow. In the close combat phase, keep track of the number of wounds caused in the combat phase. At the end of each close combat phase this model may move a distance equal to the number of wounds caused. *Note that this is not considered a retreat.*

• Chrome plating- Encased in armour shining so bright that flashes of steel miss completely. Enemy models suffer -1 to hit in close combat if this model has already made close combat attacks.

• Sigvald’s Rapier- This blade is thin and quick, but sharp enough to pierce even the hardest hide and armour. May increase the rend value of one weapon by 1.

• Exotic Piercings- Just mere glimpses of the self inflicted pain this creature has done is enough to cause the bravest beast to cower back in fright. Roll a dice for each enemy unit within 3” at the start of your enemies movement phase. On a roll of 1, that unit may must retreat from combat. If the unit is unable to retreat then it may not make close combat attacks.

Battalions

Corrupted House of Zanthel

• Units

• 1 Cult Sorceress (may be mounted on dark pegasus)

• 1 Highborn on Corrupted Dragon

• 2-4 Cultists

• 1-3 Devoted

• Special Rules

• The Cult Sorceress is the leader of this battaltion. She gains +1 wound and +1 to cast for all spells.

• If a unit from this battalion is within 6” of a hero from this battalion and fails a battleshock test then only one model flees.

• If a hero is within 3” of a unit from this battalion then you may choose to allocate any mortal wounds suffered to the unit rather than the hero.

Souleater Coven

• Units

• 2-3 Cult Sorceresses (may be mounted on dark pegasus)

• 2+ Cultists

• Special Rules

• Select one of the Cult Sorceress to be the leader of the coven. This model gains +1 wounds and +1 to cast.

• When one of these sorceress is within 6” of a unit of cultists from this battalion then the sorceress gains +1 to cast and may cast two spells a turn rather than 1.

Gladiators of New Naggarond

• Units

• 2-5 BladeDancer units

• 1-2 Annointed

• Special Rules

• One of the Annointed is appointed the leader of this battalion. This model gains +2 wounds.

• Keep track of the number of units that this battalion has destroyed each player turn. At the end of each player turn roll a dice for each unit destroyed. On a roll of a 4+ all models in the battalion gain +1 attack with all close combat weapons.

Archived