Sieges in the Mortal Realms?

Red_Zeke

Anyone tried running a siege campaign in AoS yet?  I remember getting in to the hobby and literally spending 100+ hours poring over this book:  

pic233848.jpg

6th edition had a decent version too (if I recall).  The current game has some scenarios from Quest for Ghal Maraz, and the Chaos Dreadholds Battletome, but I haven't given them a spin yet.  Any experiences from the field?

Sure ill post some stuff later. 

But a couple of house rules i go with. 

First of all me and my opponent will agree on what is "cavalry" in the army. (Riders and things like hounds) however i did make a list of everything that i think falls under this category. But when ur playing someone it dosent take much effort to establish what.applies.

This acts as a unofficial keyword. So here is my basic rule:

Non cavalry units can climb. Or use ladders(whole other house rule) 

Only cavalry units that can fly or have the monster keyword can climb magmadroth for example.

All othwr cavalry units can only move over objects no higher than the mount its self (so a horse could maybe go over a 2" wall while a dracoth could perhaps manage 2.5/3. (If there is a ledge or platfor that the model wil fit on then it can climb so so long as the next "step" isent beyond its reach.

Thats one example. Its not perfect but it simpler than it sounds and really adds another tactical dynamic to the.game (no just rushing at the walls with everything. If you can open a path for your non climbers your stuffed

Let me know if u want any others.

Archived