2k Mostly Deathrattle list

Mortarch

Hey all,

hoping for some some comment on the below list. The general strategy is to use the move buffs to get the large skellies to the middle of the board and tarpit, with the buffers protected immediately behind them with the other small skellies. The black nights and settra to take one of the flanks and get in quick.

In terms of any suggested changes, I have millions more skellies... plus morghasts, black coach, Arkhan, 3 chariots.

Leaders
Settra The Imperishable (360)
- General
Tomb Herald (100)
- Mount: Skeletal Steed
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality
Necrotect (100)
- Artefact: Black Amulet
Necromancer (120)
- Mount: Nightmare
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- Artefact: Tomb Blade

Battleline
30 x Skeleton Archers (300)
- Tomb Kings Battleline
10 x Black Knights (240)
-  Deathrattle Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (320)
- Ancient Blade & Crypt or Tomb Shield
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)

Units
5 x Grave Guard (80)
- Great Wight Blade

Battalions
Legion of Death (60)

Total: 1960/2000

Any thoughts?

Black Knights can be unwieldy, the larger bases means you cant get them to attack with their pitiful 1" range.  For the same points as 5 Knights you can get 10 Wolves, roughly the same statline.

The Necromancer has his own rules for avoiding being hurt, I dont neccessarily think the ring is worth the points on him.  A second necromancer would have the same effect as well as an extra spell to cast.

I dont know enough about dusty bones to comment about their effectivenss, sorry.

Just a couple of preliminary thoughts.  Ring of Immorality now requires summoning points set aside in order to use it in matched play.

You've allocated too many artefacts - your army receives one and then you get one for each battalion in use.  So for the above you receive 2 artefacts in total.

The general consensus is that units of skeletons larger than 20 work best when armed with spears and shields to allow more of them to get into combat with their 2" range.

My big concern would be the lack of rend. You don't really have anything to combat heavy armor, and without ruler of the night your skeletons are going to struggle to stay relevant.

The skeleton archers seem like the weak link as unless you don't use settra as your general (in favor of the wight king *risky*) they won't get any buffs (settra and necrotect only work in the combat phase).

I would cut the archers and the tomb herald in favor of a punchy monster like necrosphinx or abhorrant ghoul king on Zombie dragon.

Archived