Nurgle Bomb

shadowgra

It was an idea that came to my mind in these days, there is a possibility to run a nurgle list that acts like a bb list? So lots of all in units (squishy but that deal a lot of damage) buffed by characters and such?

I think the only two buffable units in this sense are plague monks and censer bearers. They are interesting because compared to bloodreavers:

Monks have more attacks than a reaver with paired blades. Buffed by a glottkin and with the woe stave, if charging, they have a incredible 6 attacks, they can have lot of useful buffs (like bringer of the word, both musician and both standards). Also epidemius helps with his buffs (not the last one). The glottkin's spell can make 20 monks a 40 wounds unit that wrecks ass.

Censer instead have an aura that can deal mortal wound and have, for 2 more points per model, two times bloodreaver raw damage. If we count them as buffed with a bloodsecretor, we pair with them (but still with a +1 to wound) charging. Buffed by glottkin these guys pump out 4 4+/3+/-1/1 , which, for 12 points per model, is quite impressive. The first two epidemius buffs are incredible on them, and i think that overall sayl will be so useful to compensate their little movement and make them charge the centerpieces of the enemy army.

I think the main problem with this strategy is to find a way to protect them from shooting (plaguebearers maybe? ) plus the fact that they are no battleline, causing you to run marauder/plaguebearers to fulfill the requirements of matched play.

I think that a list around them can be built with good results, what do you guys think? 

I will nevet build a list like this (cause i will never paint monks xD) but i just thought that sharing this idea could catch someone's attention :)

Thx for reading and have a nice day!

The only thing stopping me from running a pestilens contingent is that they arent battleline. You can go demon-Pestilens or Mortal-demon but you cant go Mortal-Pestilens. But the glotkin makes them wreck face, and they synergize well with demons. Especially since you need PB's for battle line.. might as well throw in some drones to. soon enough you have a decent sized force!

14 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

The only thing stopping me from running a pestilens contingent is that they arent battleline. You can go demon-Pestilens or Mortal-demon but you cant go Mortal-Pestilens. 

I say, "why not both?"

Here was my combined list:

• 480     Glottkin [General]
  • 160     Sayl
  • 80       Plague Priest                               
  • 80       Plague Priest
  • 140     Skaven Cheiftan with Battlestandard
  • 220     Plague Furnace
  • 60       10 Marauders [Battleline]
  • 60       10 Marauders [Battleline]
  • 60       10 Marauders [Battleline]                                            
  • 140     20 Plaguemonks
  • 210     30 Plaguemonks
  • 210     30 Plaguemonk
  • 80       Pestilent Clawback 

The list is fairly straightforward. The Marauders act as screens for the Plaguemonks to protect them from charges.  Plague Priests debuff a target with + to wound while Glottkin buffs with his 14" extra attack bubble.  Sayl throws units of Plaguemonks over the screening lines of Marauders into key positions for charges.  The Clawback with bonus to wounds buffs means that that each of those insane number of attacks will do double damage on a 4+ to wound.  The Skaven BSB rounds out the list (something that wouldn't be available in a pure Pestilens list) so that those blocks being thrown forward are rerolling 1s to hit, and more importantly, are immune to battleshock.

Cool list man!! I think that with so much threats (monks, glottkins and such) this could even be a competitive list. It's a shame that epidemius is not on the list ;)

If the formation, is not strictly necessary with so much points (380) u can fit epidemius+ plagueclaw (that can help out with some ranged damage). Tho i think the list u suggested is way stronger than this one.

1 minute ago, shadowgra said:

Cool list man!! I think that with so much threats (monks, glottkins and such) this could even be a competitive list. It's a shame that epidemius is not on the list ;)

If the formation, is not strictly necessary with so much points (380) u can fit epidemius+ plagueclaw (that can help out with some ranged damage). Tho i think the list u suggested is way stronger than this one.

While I like Epidemius as much as the next guy, make sure to note what he does is quite redundant with what is already here.  He is going to be giving rerolling of 1s on to hit and to wound.  The Skaven BSB grants rerolls of 1s to hit and the Plague Furnace can grant rerolls of all wounds on your primary damage blocks.  The key to the Battalion is that it is what grants double damage on wound rolls of 6+ (which is 4+ with the priests).  This is a 50% damage increase on an already crazy number of attacks.  I really do see it as essential.

It also makes a terrain piece generate a free aura that wounds non-nurgle units and grants battleshock immunity to the Plaguemonks near it (as a backup to the BSB).   

Yeah you're right. I am not quite confident with skaven (didn't really considered them before).

I am quite impressed of how good your list seems. Do you think it will be competitive against a standard mid-top tier army? I think that so many monks are hard to deal with, expecially if supported by glottkins, with meat shields, various buffs from priests and such. Also sayl really helps in terms of movement.

6 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Yeah you're right. I am not quite confident with skaven (didn't really considered them before).

I am quite impressed of how good your list seems. Do you think it will be competitive against a standard mid-top tier army? I think that so many monks are hard to deal with, expecially if supported by glottkins, with meat shields, various buffs from priests and such. Also sayl really helps in terms of movement.

I do think it is a solid mid-tier army if played correctly.  It lacks mortal wounds/rend, so high armor targets are going to be tough to crack.  Movement will be tricky because of the bubbles from glottkin and the Skaven BSB need to overlap.  If you throw those units too far out and don't leave a tail on them, they could easily lose their buffs.  As you noted, the list also lacks any ranged threat and is prone to alpha strikes against the Glottkin/Sayl if you don't bubble wrap your heroes.  It is solid but it has weaknesses for sure.

Archived