Skybasha Ironjawz wip

Kisada11

So the idea behind my skybasha Ironjawz is that their Megaboss (haven't thought of a name ... not that great at that part lol). Anyway, the clan is always on the search for more sky metal to make more weapons and armor so that they can bash some more.
One day the megaboss sees a hunk of sky metal fall up in the frozen mountains.
They go up there. He finds a frost-krusha (maw-krusha adapted to the everwinter) and tames it. With the help of his new massive stead he seeks and finds the hunk of sky metal.... unfortunately so have a beastclaw raider alfrostun.
They get into it. Find mutual respect for each other. Now they ride together in front of the everwinter to bring destruction to any and all that stand in their way.
About me. I'm a noob. This is my first foray into fantasy miniatures. Before this I have about 1250 or so points of Space Marines (Black Templar and Imperial Fists). I've yet to play a game but I love AoS. When picking an army I loved both the Ironjawz and the Beastclaw. I was caught in a dilemma until someone told me about the Beast Hammer... then I was sold. (I've later come to realize it probably isn't a good army ... but whatever. Rule of cool and I wanted to try snow bases)
Enough talk. Here's my first 10 Ardboyz and warchanter. Also the start of my frost-krusha.
5c022a4e5cbfb8fd24156b02d9322e26.jpg
0e9f613de039b27d71c4e330b76e8c3d.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mawkrusha looks ace! The boyz are solid too, though I think the golden beastman head and the blue in the warchanters clubs clash a bit with the scheme.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was really unsure of what to do with the Beastman head because it didn't look like a skull and also didn't really look like a freshly lopped off head. Went with gold figuring maybe my skybashas came across a statue or something and since they like shiny sky metal they looted it and took it.

As for the warchanter's sticks. Think it'll look better in green?

That's fair enough. I run a similar scheme on my boyz, though they aren't skybasha (I make my silver way darker, I am just used to greenskins being natural colours and red accents, old fantasy player). If it fits your fluff you work it buddy!

As for the bones, green or red will work nicer, means you don't have too many colours going on. You could even have one red one green and have multiple warchanters, as seems to be the general consensus. Also, if you dont mind me suggesting you could go for a darker base colour on the bone? It seems very bright right now and I think hides any highlights done on them. May be the photos though. Your scheme and armour decoration is ace.

2 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Shameless self plug here.

I'm thinking about using the Hammers of Sigmar scheme for them. I was reading the store Ironjawz book the other day and saw a reference to some orruks painting themselves like Stormcast to prove they're dead 'ard and I want to run with it.

I'm thinking about using the Hammers of Sigmar scheme for them. I was reading the store Ironjawz book the other day and saw a reference to some orruks painting themselves like Stormcast to prove they're dead 'ard and I want to run with it.

Really? Haha I love the way orruk think. What sold me on the skybashas was a very similar line. They like shiny sky metal but still want to look like they mean business so they paint red teeth on their armor and red on their best weapons so no one thinks they've gone soft.

That is some impressive work! How did you do the fur and skin on the gruntas?

Thanks.
For the grunta fur I did ...
Rakarth Flesh
Pallid Wych dry brush
Agrax Earthshade
Pallid Wych and white dry brush to taste.

For the grunta face it was ...
Bugmans glow
Agrax
Kislev Flesh

Grunta leg skin ...
Rhinox hide
Agrax
Gorthor Brown

Nice Crusha. The blue and white theme works really well. I would, however brighten up the red a little more. Base color being a little brighter and consider adding orange highlights. you should consider applying a few washes on the teeth to separate them from the bright cold color of the scales around the upper back and on the face. By adding some warmth to the teeth you are adding contrast which makes it look a little more aesthetic. The same goes for the wings, perhaps adding a warmer tan color than the drab colder you have right now. Essentially the only place it brings some warmth is the red, but it is fairly dull still.

Great job overall!

Got to play in the mega battle. Played across from Elric and Bill from the rolling bad podcast.

I was giddy inside for meeting celebrities lol. I can't make fun of my wife anymore when she spots famous people.

They were both great guys.

The gore-gruntas did a good job of dying but dying slowly. Held up Bill's terrorgeist and archai for 2 turns. Later his weakened archai and terrorgeist along with his moungul duked it out with the mega boss on maw krusha, a warchanter, 5 ardboyz, and 5 brutes (the brutes weren't all that great due to us being noobs and not placing them well).

Anyway the Ironjawz won that battle. My friend and I were asked to keep Bill's death and especially his mourngul away from the objective and in that we succeeded, but more importantly we got to roll some dice and have some fun across the table of some great players.

My friend played the Ironjawz. I was using some Khorne that my local GW lent me. Mainly I just clogged up the middle of the board preventing Bill and the nurgle player next to him from heading to the objective. Skarbrand was cool. Killed Glottkin in one turn. Then 4 blightkings the next turn to get them off the objective.

Unlucky for Bill and the nurgle player was that we had combat initiative for turns 2, 3, and 4. The way initiative worked in the mega battle was that a spokesperson from each side would roll and the winner would pick 1 (out of 4 tables) to attack first, then the other team would pick 1, and so on. If your table has initiative EVERY unit on your team on table gets to attack before the other team gets to attack back, kind of like 40k. Their team felt our table was least important to their objectives so we got to attack first too many times in a row.

In the end their team won with some kunnin' math. 21 points to 20.

Great fun. Couldn't have asked for a better first game introduction to AoS. Can't wait to play again.

Edit. Pictures. Everyone loves pictures.

Elric's Ironjawz. Spent the game contesting the objective next to us against a swarm of skaven.

5097ec83af0895b6dde3bcc478614ff4.jpg

a41849dc7f051126da61359128ded16d.jpg

My Ironjawz doing their thing against Bill's Death

ca963fdff9e7c726b35cdabe20176268.jpg

e14d4a349c033a485636e29b84d0ff5c.jpg

1fb22d34da37348913d22aba8455018c.jpg

The Glottkin smashed the Bloodthirster and stood victorious on the tower (picture taken right before he later got smashed by Skarbrand)

9a42216cd76ed6665ad0bdb11d58203a.jpg

e31364ef5669738c5c81ba11aa49e985.jpg

Archived