Grey seer conversion - need help!

Kosmion

Yo!

I was thinking of making my own grey seer, tho i like the standard GW model I wanna have something unique. Any suggestions for models or parts I could use? GW or non-GW. Im thinking mabye some sort of necromancer/sorcerer but replace the head, or something along those lines.

Thanks!

Be careful doing a straight up skaven head(and tail!)swap on a human body, skaven are not only shorter than most human models, but also have a different posture and are much more hunched, with their heads typically inbetween, not above their shoulders, and their knees poking out at funny angles.

With that in mind, depending on how confident you are converting stuff, a genestealer hybrid with robed legs might be a decent place to start (you wouldn't even need to loose that much of the techy stuff if you said he was regularly employed by the Clans Skyre:

99070117002_AcolyteIconward01.jpg

99120117003_GenestealerAcolyteHybrids01.

If you can track one down an old Dark Emissary would make an amazing grey seer with minimal work. He's even got little bits of rock hanging from him you can paint up as warpstone:

99800299004_DarkEmissaryNEW01.jpg

Of course your easiest candidates for a custom grey seer are gonna be Thanqoul and the guy on the screaming bell, just stick them on a 25mm base and call it a day (there have gotta be loads of screaming bell-less grey seers going cheap after they've been dumped for a plague furnace):

Thanquol & Boneripper

99120206022_PestilensScreamingBell01.jpg

In other news I couldn't help but realise how awesome this guy would look converted into an Arch-Warlock on my travels through the GW webstore:

99120108008_TriumvirateoftheImperium02.j

On further thought, you might get away with using the plastic Necromancer with a headswap, a tail and some skaven bitz and gubbins added to the staff and robes, as he has very clawed hands, does not show his feet, has the right posture and the overall anatomy is rather obscured.

However even then, he may still be very tall and his limps and his proportions, hard to make out as they are, may be out of the ordinary compared to the rest of your army.

P.S.: Genestealer hybrids might work quite well for the lower body and maybe even the torso, that is a nice catch. Also, if you can get the parts cheaply, mixing up the screaming bell seer and Thanquol might net you two reasonably unique seers.

10 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

On further thought, you might get away with using the plastic Necromancer with a headswap, a tail and some skaven bitz and gubbins added to the staff and robes, as he has very clawed hands, does not show his feet, has the right posture and the overall anatomy is rather obscured.

I've seen this done and he's much too lanky and upright, even with the curve of his back.

The best grey seer skaven model ever released by GW:

Spoiler

EpncGSR.jpg

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

I've seen this done and he's much too lanky and upright, even with the curve of his back.

The best grey seer skaven model ever released by GW:

Hide contents

EpncGSR.jpg

Love that Grey Seer.

I remember that being one of the "In every rulebook but no longer in print" miniatures when I got into the hobby, he is one for the "Made to Order" wishlist for certain.

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Be careful doing a straight up skaven head(and tail!)swap on a human body, skaven are not only shorter than most human models, but also have a different posture and are much more hunched, with their heads typically inbetween, not above their shoulders, and their knees poking out at funny angles.

With that in mind, depending on how confident you are converting stuff, a genestealer hybrid with robed legs might be a decent place to start (you wouldn't even need to loose that much of the techy stuff if you said he was regularly employed by the Clans Skyre:

99070117002_AcolyteIconward01.jpg

99120117003_GenestealerAcolyteHybrids01.

If you can track one down an old Dark Emissary would make an amazing grey seer with minimal work. He's even got little bits of rock hanging from him you can paint up as warpstone:

99800299004_DarkEmissaryNEW01.jpg

Of course your easiest candidates for a custom grey seer are gonna be Thanqoul and the guy on the screaming bell, just stick them on a 25mm base and call it a day (there have gotta be loads of screaming bell-less grey seers going cheap after they've been dumped for a plague furnace):

Thanquol & Boneripper

99120206022_PestilensScreamingBell01.jpg

In other news I couldn't help but realise how awesome this guy would look converted into an Arch-Warlock on my travels through the GW webstore:

99120108008_TriumvirateoftheImperium02.j

wow great suggestions! i never even thought of the genestealers, and yes, i´ve been drooling all over that 40k mechanicus aswell. have the smaller one as an arch warlock!

Archived