Looking for Samurai/Ashigaru bits to convert Skaven army

Kugane

Hello all,

I am currently working on a Japanese themed Skaven army (I'll soon start uploading some pictures of finished conversions) and I am now at the point of converting 20 Stormvermin. I wanted them to have an Ashigaru look, but cannot find any plastic 28mm scale miniatures with Jingasa (the conical hat). My green stuff skills are not good enough  to do it myself, so I am mostly relying on alternative bits. I managed to get a few nice katanas from puppetswar so far.

Does anyone know an (affordable) miniature line that has them? Also does anyknow know any miniature companies that do not mind green stuff molding bits or provides asian bits?

Thanks in advance!

https://us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/feudal-japan-1467-1603

I used the Samurai and Ashigaru sprues to convert a Free People regiment in that style. I don't know where you're located but it was a reasonable enough price to get it shipped to America.

I used the human faces that came attached to the helmets/hats since I was doing Free People. Not sure how well these would work for Skaven though, might take some serious plastic surgery, so to speak.

2 hours ago, Dabra said:

https://us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/feudal-japan-1467-1603

I used the Samurai and Ashigaru sprues to convert a Free People regiment in that style. I don't know where you're located but it was a reasonable enough price to get it shipped to America.

I used the human faces that came attached to the helmets/hats since I was doing Free People. Not sure how well these would work for Skaven though, might take some serious plastic surgery, so to speak.

I looked at the website and it seems the sprues have pretty much everything I am looking for. At least 7 heads per sprue that can easily be converted is great, plus spare shoulder pads/weapons as well it seems. Thanks a lot for this website, I think I will get most things I need off here soon.

I have a Nippon army I did for WFB a few years back and probably have a bunch of wargames factory Samurai & Ashigaru spares laying around. Might also have various left over bits from other manufacturers as I obtained quite a collection of minis whilst building that army.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig them out. UK based.

5 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I have a Nippon army I did for WFB a few years back and probably have a bunch of wargames factory Samurai & Ashigaru spares laying around. Might also have various left over bits from other manufacturers as I obtained quite a collection of minis whilst building that army.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig them out. UK based.

Hello, that would be a huge help! I will PM you so we can work something out :)

Archived