Kit bash epidemus.

Arkiham

I'm considering making a epidemus model, what I plan to use is a slaan throne carried by Nurglings, apparently there is the space to do it but I need da suitable model for epi. I think I have a plaguebearer arm some where but I dunno what body to use, I've a book from a burning Chariot of Tzeentch I can green stuff an make nurgle,

I'm just stuck on an appropriate body. I have a spare lord of plagues I planned to use but if there is a better option I'd prefer that

Any help?

If you search around there are various more or less successful kitbashes or conversion of Epidemius. Personally I prefer the one I attached a picture of. Unfortunately I do not know who made it, but I think it's the best conversion I have seen.

As you can see in that picture Epidemius is made from a Herald of Nurgle. I don't have a spare one of those, so I plan to use one of the Plaguebearer riders from the Plague Drones set. They already have bent knees, and the only problem is that they are no bigger than a normal Plaguebearer.

I hope this could give you some inspiration on how it could be done. :)

Epidemius_conversion.jpg

The slann's throne is designed to fit its specific proportions (essentially a dome shape) and would have trouble accommodating a human/plaguebearer proportioned rider, so I'd recommend looking further outside the box for a suitable body shape to fill it. If you felt up so sculpting it a plaguebearer torso sat ontop of a coiled, slug-like body could be very neat, otherwise have a gander at the much neglected Whippermaw.

99590201015_SayltheFaithlessandNightmaw0

99590201015_SayltheFaithlessandNightmaw0

There are probably limitless amounts of this guy going spare without Sayl, and with a decent amount of his rear end shaved off he should fit snugly on the slann's palanquin. He's already suitably gross enough to call a Nurgle model and could easily have his 'hands' swapped out for ones holing Epidemus-appropriate paraphernalia and get his heads made cyclopean with greenstuff.

I actually saw a similar conversion using the actual slaan body and nurgled it up using green stuff. Pustules and extra arms and stuff like that, it looked really good. For the head they added a plaguebearer head and covered the existing head with fat rolls and other gross nurgle stuff. Then they added a bunch of nurglings on the top with the slaan as well and cut off the leaves on the vines in the back of the palanquin and painted them like tentacles. Good luck and post some pics when we're done as it seems like a really cool idea!

Archived