Skulltakers

Arkiham

Running a list sometime after xmas until I get my hands on all the new tzeentch stuff, so I thought I'd give khorne a go before I fully re-embrace the Lord of change.

I've yet to actually run khorgoraths so thought I'd build a army with them in.

The list is this.

Heroes

Mighty lord of khorne w/chaos rune blade - 140 points

Exalted deathbringer - 80 points

2 bloodsecrators - 280

Battleline

3 units of 10 blood warriors - 600 points 

Other

Wrathmongers - 180 points 

Battalion - Skulltake 

2 units of skullreapers - 280 points 

3 khorgoraths- 240 points

1 Bloodstoker 80 points.

This should be 1980 points.

The khorgoraths unit should be hitting something 40 times when within range of a banner, not bad for the same base size as a 3 chaos knights.

It's more of an elite unit choice than mass trash, with all the infantry doing something when they die to maximise damage output, 

I would definitly consider dropping the Deathbringer (what is his purpose?) and add 4th Khorgorath. more 8 attacks! 4 models of that unit is not that difficult to move at that point but more would be.

I would also consider changing le lord of khorne for a jugger one, which offer a combo with your skullreapers.

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

I would definitly consider dropping the Deathbringer (what is his purpose?) and add 4th Khorgorath. more 8 attacks! 4 models of that unit is not that difficult to move at that point but more would be.

I would also consider changing le lord of khorne for a jugger one, which offer a combo with your skullreapers.

I did consider him, but I kinda like the idea of the dude on foot from the raw stream,  hes terrifying for opponents monsters, I'll see how the games goes an then maybe swap him out,  I've 9 Skullcrushers so I could try them out also but that's a whole different list.

I got the deathbringer in as it's a mortal wound potential, if I can place him in terrain on  5+ save he deals d3 mortal wounds, a bit of a surprise play I'm hoping. But I'll consider it after I see how well that does for a 

54 minutes ago, ANevskyUSA said:

How about replacing the Mighty Lord and the Exalted Deathbringer for a Skullgrinder and Aspiring Deathbringer? That would give you the Red Huntsmen Warscroll Battalion as well, which in turn would give you access to 3 artifacts.

As a general rule of thumb, i try not to give any advantage to my opponent, expetially when this advantage is a reroll to hit on heroes. I Do not like this formation too because your advantage DEPENDS on an ennemy hero kill and the opponent have an advantage that doesn't depend on any trigger. It is free.

I only really consider Skulltake, brass stampede and dark fest viable, bloodmarked warband.

The others just aren't worth the points, unless you're after a single drop.

For the points of bloodbound warband, just add an additional bloodsecrator in, do more for less points.

For bloodstorm who needs 3 wrathmonger units, and for the cost of the battalion you can add a unit of skullreapers, -1 to hit on 3 units of 15 wounds of elite killing power...

Goreblade Warband,  hmm meh, handy I guess, but I'll pass. 

Red headsmen, why would I want to make my opponent stronger for a tiny bonus which may never happen.

Vengeful skullhunt might be good if you had skullreapers over wrathmongers. But it doesn't so isn't the best.

Can't use gorechosen or the warhorde. 

Archived