Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

2 hours ago, Warhammergeek said:

Hey, I am looking at dipping my toe into the world of Chaos (was always a destruction and order kid). Tzeentch has won, with a little Khorne on the side.

Has anyone run with a LOC, gaunt summoner, chaos warriors, pink horrors, sky fires and shaman and then a summoning pool for khorne? 

Any tips and tricks?

I'd be interested in this too! But I guess options are kind of limited. Especially since Khorne is kind of dependent on reaching Melee and youre not allowed to move unit after summon. But maybe play around w Blue scribes to secure the success of summoning something nasty!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see your challenge being that you're neither "fish nor fowl" in regards to the list.

As long as you understand the roles that you envision each of the units fulfilling, I could see it working.

From a "back of the napkin" perspective I see several challenges (mainly because I don't see what you're envisioning).

You've split with Slaves to Darkness, Arcanite and Daemon keywords. And The tzaangor have no "mortal" keyword.

Without Bloodbound synergies, reliably summonable Khorne units have no synergies to units you have included in your army.

I could see your list having some challenges, and a larger "number of drops" due to battalions used means you're not likely to get to choose who goes first.

Yup, I also see this as being a bit of a problem...

From my first few readings of the battletome, it doesn't seem like Tzeentch get many buffs through keywords though.... or have I missed something?

Khorne obviously do, but my thought was summon a unit of Bloodletters or a thrister into the opponents weaker unit so they need to send a stronger in to manage it, and then focus on the mission with horrors and a unit of slaves... they are pretty slow tho.

And single drop armies will be a pain... a Kharadron army will just drop and take off my LOC... hmmm ok back to the drawing board then...

Maybe GHB2 will come with something similar to what 40k 8th has, in regards to battalions...

I hope get an improvement in price units as the acolites and enlightened tzaangors cause if that don't happen, they still beign useles.

The warscrolls with Acolytes are just useless bcause the acolites are higly overpriced. a

And we need pass for daemons or skyfires to do someting, what is going to happen if they nerf the skyfires????

7 hours ago, Warhammergeek said:

Yup, I also see this as being a bit of a problem...

From my first few readings of the battletome, it doesn't seem like Tzeentch get many buffs through keywords though.... or have I missed something?

Khorne obviously do, but my thought was summon a unit of Bloodletters or a thrister into the opponents weaker unit so they need to send a stronger in to manage it, and then focus on the mission with horrors and a unit of slaves... they are pretty slow tho.

And single drop armies will be a pain... a Kharadron army will just drop and take off my LOC... hmmm ok back to the drawing board then...

Maybe GHB2 will come with something similar to what 40k 8th has, in regards to battalions...

Maybe some Flesh Hounds, for the re-rollable charge, but I don't think they hit hard enough to be worth their points... 

A rules clarification question, would Blue Scribes summon maximum units (ie 10 Flesh hounds) on 2+? 

Quick question about Splitting and summoning. If my Pinks split, do I cost that in my summoning pool, or prior to the game? Also this means that the unit size might not be exact... 2 Pinks die, so splits to 4 Blues... but the unit comes in 10's? I'm guessing as long as points are set aside it should be all good. I just have some picky opponents, so wanted toto clarify it before my first game! :-)

1 hour ago, Warhammergeek said:

Quick question about Splitting and summoning. If my Pinks split, do I cost that in my summoning pool, or prior to the game? Also this means that the unit size might not be exact... 2 Pinks die, so splits to 4 Blues... but the unit comes in 10's? I'm guessing as long as points are set aside it should be all good. I just have some picky opponents, so wanted toto clarify it before my first game! :-)

Waiting on a faq

We have been running it as you pay the reinforcement point cost at the point of the split.

This gives you a unit that be up to the max size of the unit you just purchased.

I.e. 3 pinks split, you pay the reinforcement costs for a full unit. You can increase the size of the unit to the max of what you've paid for. (You're not stuck at an undersized unit of 6 blues.)

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

We have been running it as you pay the reinforcement point cost at the point of the split.

This gives you a unit that be up to the max size of the unit you just purchased.

I.e. 3 pinks split, you pay the reinforcement costs for a full unit. You can increase the size of the unit to the max of what you've paid for. (You're not stuck at an undersized unit of 6 blues.)

Same

4 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

That is the most sensible way I can think of. Would be nice if GW just said it that way.

Hi guys, here's a list i'm playing in this days. I like his style and the thoughness of some unit.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Heroes

Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Command Trait : Incorporeal Form
- Lore of Change : Tzeentch's Firestorm

Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Fate : Bolt of Tzeentch

Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate : Shield of Fate

Lord Of Chaos (100)
- Artefact : Paradoxical Shield
- Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch

Units

10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
20 x Tzaangors (360) 4 great blades, 4 shields
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
-Hand Weapon & Shield
Battalions

Tzaangor Coven (40)
Total: 2000/ 2000
Heroes: 4/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

2 hours ago, HMB said:

Lord Of Chaos (100)
- Artefact : Paradoxical Shield
- Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch

Love your list. How satisfied are you with the lord of chaos? Is he worth forgoing another spell caster? I really love the model and the idea of using less mortal wounds (spells) and more fighters. I think he even would be a good target for our buff spells.

22 minutes ago, Myzyrael said:

Love your list. How satisfied are you with the lord of chaos? Is he worth forgoing another spell caster? I really love the model and the idea of using less mortal wounds (spells) and more fighters. I think he even would be a good target for our buff spells.

Lord of Chaos imho is a key hero for my list: combining destiny dice with his special attack  (for a successfull hit and wound) i can use it for killing key target with a great amount of wounds (skarbrand was one of them), obiouvsly my opponent must fail his armour roll, but with -2 rend it's not so easy.

in other case he is a good fighter instead. With paradoxical shield it could be a good tank, taking objective in some case.

So here i am with my Fatesworn List. Ive put in more or less what i own but i would like to hear from you guys: 

What you think can be changed trait/artefact/spellwise within the list i have?

Where do i go from here? What units should be swapped and how can i perfect this list as much as possible?

Heroes
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Trait: Illusionist  
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield  
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate

Battleline
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Halberd & Shield
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (100)
- Javelin & Shield
-  Slaves to Darkness Battleline
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
5 x Chaos Chosen (160)

Battalions
Fatesworn Warband (120)

Total: 1980/2000

Thank you

5 minutes ago, HMB said:

can u consider to split 20 chaos warriors in 2 units, delete one marauder horsemen unit and insert a balewind vortex for the gaunt summoner?

I do have a Balewind Vortex laying around so absolutely. But why splitting the bigger group of Warriors?

44 minutes ago, HMB said:

to keep 9 mortal unit for the battalion 

Ofc, you are right. Ive done some changes now. This is how the list will be played this weekend in a friends-tournament we are holding. I still really need help with traits/artefacts and spell-sorting though so thoughts?

Heroes
- General
- Runestaff
Daemon Prince Of Tzeentch (160)
- Artefact: Warpfire Blade  
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Gaunt Summoner (100)

Battleline
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Javelin & Shield

Units

Battalions
Fatesworn Warband (120)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

15 minutes ago, santiel said:

Ofc, you are right. Ive done some changes now. This is how the list will be played this weekend in a friends-tournament we are holding. I still really need help with traits/artefacts and spell-sorting though so thoughts?

Heroes
- General
- Runestaff
Gaunt Summoner (100)

Battleline
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Javelin & Shield

Units

Battalions
Fatesworn Warband (120)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

ALTERNATIVELY, u can swap Daemon prince with an Ogroid Thaumaturge (same cost) but it's a MORTAL, so in this case u can rejoin 2 chaos warrior units in a large one of 20 warriors

15 minutes ago, HMB said:

ALTERNATIVELY, u can swap Daemon prince with an Ogroid Thaumaturge (same cost) but it's a MORTAL, so in this case u can rejoin 2 chaos warrior units in a large one of 20 warriors

That is my thoughts aswell, but inwont be able to get one done in time. Also thinking about swapping the marauder horsemen for a gorebeast chariot, but there again, in time. Any thoughts on how to distribute traits etc?

Heroes
- General
- Trait: Illusionist  GOOD
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield   BEST CHOICE POSSIBLE
- Runestaff
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch consider that you often cast Mystic Shield in combo with Shield of Fate on CW, so they will become a thoughfull tank
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate BEST CHOICE POSSIBLE... so you can cast this one and his own spell

2 minutes ago, HMB said:

Heroes
- General
- Trait: Illusionist  GOOD
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield   BEST CHOICE POSSIBLE
- Runestaff
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch consider that you often cast Mystic Shield in combo with Shield of Fate on CW, so they will become a thoughfull tank
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate BEST CHOICE POSSIBLE... so you can cast this one and his own spell

But you still wont be able to cast more than one spell/wizard right? Didnt know how to interpret the last line on the Gaunt summoner. You mean that he have the choice to cast both on the same turn or to choose from one of them each turn?

Archived