AoS Tokens (sylvaneth themed) WIP

Aezeal

So since I thought the prices for 3th party token where a bit on the high side I decided to try my hand at making tokens after seeing some examples.

The examples I saw (I'll post them here for those who haven't seen them yet)

http://www.tacticalsuicide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ageOfSigmar_basicCounters.pdf

http://www.tacticalsuicide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/ageOfSigmar_extraCounters.pdf

(they also have tomb kings tokens if I recall correctly .. WHY tomb kings? I don't' know.)

Anyway the terrain tokens in that set are nice (greenish) but the rest didn't really suit the Sylvaneth really well.

I've ordered like 200 epoxy stickers (bottlecap stickers) through ali express or nearly next to nothing (5 euros per 200 I think and I didn't see them cheap in local internet stores) I'm still waiting for them (always a gamble I'll admit) and I also ordered a 1 inch paperpunch.

I'm now busy creating some Sylvaneth themed tokens. Now I have no education with graphics programs and I've only been using GIMP a few times in the past for specific small projects (and I mean really small.. like this project) so my quality is certainly not a high as what tactical suicide has created but I'd still like feedback.

I'll attach my first half A4 and I'll be happy to hear if you'd use it. I'd also like to hear which of the +1 to wound markers (yeah it's not something we really have use for.. but I still made them since your opponent might beg to use your tokens :D) you like best and if I should add that background sword to hit tokens too.

The trumpet is meant for using command ability btw. I prefer using some text since text can't really be misinterpreted but I was thinking the whole words were to long and an abbreviation would be just as vague as just the picture.

A4 enraptured.jpg

17 hours ago, LordRogalDorn said:

That is a very cool idea.

well

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/50pcs-lot-1-inch-Round-Clear-Epoxy-Stickers-for-Jewelry-and-Craft-Making-Circle-self-adhesive/32766611235.html?spm=2114.010208.3.2.TO0oQf&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10056_10068_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_10084_10083_10103_10073_10102_10080_10096_10082_10081_10060_10061_10052_10062_10050_10051,searchweb201603_6&btsid=03a82343-2875-4cc9-8995-e3946b4fd2b9

And if you want I'll post the final page on here too :D

It's aliexpress.. and I wouldn't buy expensive stuff there... but so far my purchases of cheap stuff have gone well.

Any comments on what I made so far? Which ones do you like, which ones do you dislike? Anything missing?

Thank you for this post!

I'm tired waiting on stuff from aliexpress, I order so much from there. I ordered the puncher from ebay for 7€ and 50 Stickers from ebay for 9€

I have to admit though that I prefer the ones from the linked website ;)

On 13-12-2016 at 10:16 PM, Alexxk said:

Thank you for this post!

I'm tired waiting on stuff from aliexpress, I order so much from there. I ordered the puncher from ebay for 7€ and 50 Stickers from ebay for 9€

I have to admit though that I prefer the ones from the linked website ;)

Yeah their quality is better.. but most of those tokens aren't usefull for Sylvaneth players. Anyway even if the topic helped you getting that link (and getting you your tokens soon) it's been worth the effort of posting all this :D.

Actually I mainly dislike the brown shield I have and the trumpet.. I'll probably replace them. I'd hoped someone would give me the same opinion. I like the shields I have lower on the page better.

I already got my magnets (a set of 100 6 mm x 3 mm round ones and a set of 50 12 x 3 (or 2) mm round ones I ordered at the same day from Aliexpress (together those where 5 euro... and I pay much more for magnets when I get them here in retail). So I hope to get my punch and epoxy stickers soon. Guess I'll have to hurry with this file.

14 hours ago, chrispovolish said:

I used the free mortal realms podcast tokens. They're awesome when printed on card stock, punched out with a 1 inch round punch, and then covered with the clear epoxy bottle cap stickers. https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/mortal-realms-status-tokens

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah they are nice, but again not really Sylvaneth focussed... and to be honest.. I really like the background of my tokens (stole that too btw).

Lol don't use spites.. but I'll certainly add a few of those. I like the idea of a trumpet for the command ability but I'll try to get a bit better looking one.

OK I added +1 bravery and -1 Bravery. I actually really like them. I like having a picture between background and text and these pictures reflect the token reasonably well. Might need to do a sword or something similar behind the to hit tokens too.

Prefer the trumpet or the horn? (or got other idea's for something to resemble usage of command ability)

We'd actually need a token for: gives -1 to hit to enemies hitting this unit... but that is a lot of text which isn't easy abreviated. So untill I get a better idea I'll just stay with the -1 hit tokens which at least are pretty obvious.

I'm considering removing that last trumpet (keeping the newer horns next to it) and the + 1 shields (brownish) on the upper row on the right... anyone think I shouldn't?

Started on the last line btw, 3 tokens for blessing of the forest for dryads. Hard to shorten the text so I hope this is clear...

Also finished 3 different Enrapturing song/enraptured tokens.. which one do you all think is best?

On 14-12-2016 at 6:01 AM, chrispovolish said:

I used the free mortal realms podcast tokens. They're awesome when printed on card stock, punched out with a 1 inch round punch, and then covered with the clear epoxy bottle cap stickers. https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/mortal-realms-status-tokens

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a question: all my aliexpress stuff has arrived so I'm nearly ready to actually make the tokens (took 3 weeks which isn't to bad since they said 16-35 days).

Since I have an inktjet printer at home  and at work they have a large laserjet printer which gives better quality (doing large areas of nearly full page full color on inktjets wasn't all that when I did it last - was a while a go on an older printer though) I wanted to print there. Getting tougher paper there will be a hassle so I was thinking of just printing it on regular paper since I was assuming the epoxy would give the tokens the sturdiness. YOu specifically mention card stock so I'm wondering if you've tried with regular paper and found it lacking? 

Archived