Greetings, Earfilngs

nymrod

Getting back into the hobby after 6-7 years out of it (need some distraction from the grim darkness of the near future and all that – US player here – Minneapolis.) I used to play mainly 40k, although I had an Empire army, mainly with friends not strangers, so I'm going to have to find some new opponents. I'll probably also just try to build more than one force so I can get friends to play wif my toys, but I'd rather play with people who actually care about the hobby/game too.

I always found the size of the armies required and the ranking up of WFB a little tedious compared to 40k and find an interdimensional Planescape-type setting way more interesting than a Tolkein-esque one (the Moorcock-y Empire vs. Chaos part of the Old World setting was great when it was explored in-depth like in WFRP, but so much of the rest of the world was by design the most generic High Fantasy setting imaginable) so despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth when WFB bit the dust I thought AoS looked like a more interesting system. But I don't like very many of the new models (2 XTREME) so I didn't get back into it. What actually made me unable to resist buying some plastic again was playing Warhammer: Total War recently. I don't think I've played since I've had models to work on though.

I'm gonna work on a few converted/combined forces, starting with a sort of Ironweld Arsenal/Freeguild Company one, but I'll post my progress and questions on their own threads.

I made an account here because no one will answer my AoS questions at DakkaDakka.

Archived