Looking at starting Hight Elfe: What to buy

Splax

Hi all

After finishing my Spider fang venom mob and Bloodbond crew im looking at starting a hold dream .....Hight Elfe.

I dont know anything about how Hight Elfe play and i dint event know if they are viable on the table.That why im turning to you guy to know what to buy and what is not usefull. Its just i dont whant to buy model and find out that they are sub part.

thank in advance for all your help

Well, they just re-released the Blood Isle box for AoS, so that is a start. If you are interested, I also have plenty of unused HE at home that I am looking to get rid off. PM if interested.

As far as tactics go, I am no expert in HE, especially since a lot of the basic HE infantry is gone and moved to DE. So if you are playing Elves, you are a mix between dark and high (you can paint them all as high though). From what I have seen there is a lot of synergy going on regarding ignoring wounds. Phoenixes have them, one of the mages can create a bubble. Order Draconis can also kick major butt. I think you first need to find your preferred route to go along before you worry about composition ;)

I'd personally wait a bit. I'm thinking there should be elf releases early in the new year and that might really influence what you'd buy (especially since if there is new stuff it will probably benefit slightly from powercreep and likely a new book). Having said that buying the new dawnspire box will probably not be a waste of money since it's just dirt cheap (sell the skaven or use the with your other chaos army).

Thanks guy

I already fond a friend that want to buy the box whit me, so Dawnsoire box will be my base. Hight Elfe is a project so i will go slow and see what GW as in store for them. What combination whit dark elfe are you refering to??? That a possibility i didnt think about but look fun.

Archived