Wardens of Braviheim(Free peoples) 1000 pt

Mr InsaneBear

Allo all,

Does this seem a sensible free people's 1k list?

Leader

- battlemage

- battlemage 

- Free guild General

Artillery

-helblaster volley gun

Battle line

-20 free guild guard (halberds)

-20 free guild guard (sword/shield)

-10 freeguild handgunners

Other

-10 freeguild greatswords

Sensible? A good list even?

Definitely a preference, but I like my Free People shooty. Since you have the General, you could maybe stick in another 10 Handgunners (at the cost of the Halberd guys), so you can nominate two shooty units and the melee wall-off.

Since you have Battlemages, why not a Hurricanum? It has a mage on it and gives you more ranged pressure as well as that amazing +1hit bubble.

Just some food for thought, but as I said. I only ever played shooty FP and plenty if their tools, including the General you took, synergizes with it. Maybe I can work as a melee list, but I have no say it that, unfortunately ;)

I think it is a pretty good list although I am not fully aware how you are going to play it?

I would also add some more handgunners as pointed out. Really good value and with their piper they can be nasty to assault, so stands their ground very well and can hold objectives.

What are yours thoughts on mobility? I think you will be pressed in many missions if you need to grap objectives. I would try to find one cheap unit with high movement. Maybe instead of the greatswords?

Hope this helps.  

On 12/9/2016 at 3:44 PM, Mr InsaneBear said:

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I do have an out rider unit for some mobility and shooting. Outriders useful?

I tended to build my list with a lot of 10 model units but suffered for it in certain scenarios. I now always try to include at least one bigger unit to claim objectives, tarpit and screen. Just something to think about. 

Archived