1250pt Wanderer list.

Shannon1s

Hi,

I have a 1250 point tournament on Saturday and even though my list has been locked in, I wanted to post it here to gather any thoughts about it. I have played this list once before but I lost on getting objectives.

The battle line is counted as 1000pts so I only have to have two for the tournament.

Leaders
Glade Lord on Forest Dragon (340)
- General
- Trait: Master of Defense
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Spellweaver on Purebred Steed (120)
Units
Glade Guard x 20 (240)
Waywatchers x 6 (160)
Tree Kin x 6 (200)
Wardancers x 15 (180)

I chose the glade lord on dragon as the sisters of twilight are great but expensive in this size list but I wanted the breath to protect my wardancers as they both will be my hammer. Phoenix stone and master of defence will give it a 6 + ward and a healing ability.

treekin are my glade guard protectors and the way watchers are just my second battle line though 6 in the unit can cause quite some trouble if left unattended. 

Wooooo Forest Dragon!!

Sorry that was one of my first and favorite models from when i was like 10. Still spearheads my Wood elf army to this day!

Will have to let me know about your wardancers as they are the one retro unit i have that i havent been able to make work very well.

Great to see an old school list though!

I think wardancers are awesome......not as reliable as say wild wood rangers with the 3,3/-1 but they are also cheaper, 5 for 60points, faster runners, and I like the dances they have, each one can be useful at any one time from a 4+/6+ save, 3,3/-1, or extra attack....last battle I used them, I had the fifteen and sisters of twilight..they tore a new one right though 30 bloodletters.

the way I use them is incombo with the green dragon breath so they don't get hit back until they have murded what they can...I then switch between the two attacking dances.

I guess the most shooty army's that I have played is mine so they tend to make it where I need them, but I use the +4 save dance first turn if there is shooting about.

in my case, people are so afraid of the glade guard -3 rend, that they try and kill them first..funny enough I hardly kill anything with glade guard yet wardancers are dangerous to everything.

Had the tournament, I played 3 games which I won 2

first was against a gobo spider type army with bos on spider, a group of spiders and an arachnarock which I won,

I played a retributer bomb type list which I also won ok.

But I met my demise against a beast claw raiders list, two turn move and the stone horn destroyed my army, though wardancers caused 18 wounds, just the halving the wounds really made it hard, he munched everything after that.

Seems like most wanderers lists need something that can soak up a lot of wounds.  I use a unit of 20 spearmen and a unit of 10 as tarpits for bif nasties like that.  I also say the new waywatcher hero is a real damage machine at a good price point, 4+ save, and no need to synergize 

7 hours ago, adamtrunzo said:

Seems like most wanderers lists need something that can soak up a lot of wounds.  I use a unit of 20 spearmen and a unit of 10 as tarpits for bif nasties like that.  I also say the new waywatcher hero is a real damage machine at a good price point, 4+ save, and no need to synergize 

Do you think fast shot or precision shot is best in the waywatcher hero?Been using fast shot as if stationary is 2+ to hit and 5+ generates extra shots if i am playing correctly

Archived