Branchwych              100

5x Tree Revenants   100

20x Dryads                240

20x Dryads                240

10x Dryads                120

Household                   20

Gnarlroot                     80

Total:                       1500

Idea would be 2 Ancients stand beside each other to double up on their knockdown minus 1 to hit. One with oaken armour and the other with the silver circlet. The oaken armour one has regrowth and the circlet one has the Reaping. Dryads in forests flanking them. With the reroll 1s command trait a buffed dryad unit has a 2+ rerolling save. Branch wraith has the lementri for pluses to cast and tree singing. Small dryad unit and revenants for picking off crews or solo heros also objective holding. 

With many AoE mortal wound spells and effects the idea is to just survive wile the other army bleeds to death.

Models: 58. Wounds: 84

Spells per hero phase: 6.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Kindling said:

Thanks, I've been doing it wrong.

With Gnarlroot though you could swap the unit of 10 Dryads out for a battlemage if you wanted a bit of extra magic.

True but I figure 6 spells a turn is enough, also like sticking to my alliance even if it is aloud.

I'd recommend the Circlet on the Branchwych too. The additional +1 to cast from the Lamentiri is ok for her spell, seeing as it uses your casting value as it's damage dice. But banging out that spell at 15" rather than 9" means you're usually rolling against more targets and for potentially more turns. On average you should get a lot more bang for your buck than you would do by including one extra dice. 

This is of course if you're playing her for damage though! And if you are, Throne of Vines is your best friend here for the extra D3 to cast. 

If you want to get really horrible with her, summon a Balewind Vortex + the Circlet gives you an effective 24" range for that spell. Plus a friendly 42" Arcane Bolt or Verdurous Harmony to reach a unit that has wandered way out of the magic bubble. 

8 hours ago, RossMHoward said:

I'd recommend the Circlet on the Branchwych too. The additional +1 to cast from the Lamentiri is ok for her spell, seeing as it uses your casting value as it's damage dice. But banging out that spell at 15" rather than 9" means you're usually rolling against more targets and for potentially more turns. On average you should get a lot more bang for your buck than you would do by including one extra dice. 

This is of course if you're playing her for damage though! And if you are, Throne of Vines is your best friend here for the extra D3 to cast. 

If you want to get really horrible with her, summon a Balewind Vortex + the Circlet gives you an effective 24" range for that spell. Plus a friendly 42" Arcane Bolt or Verdurous Harmony to reach a unit that has wandered way out of the magic bubble. 

I was thinking her more for tree singing. Being able to reliably move forests around and push units on top of having them do wounds. Surfing a unit of dryads up the board 2d6 inches then moving then charging can hit gun lines ect very quickly. Also using it to move my treelords away from any risky charges. Though that extra large bubble is definitely something to think about. 

I was thinking her more for tree singing. Being able to reliably move forests around and push units on top of having them do wounds. Surfing a unit of dryads up the board 2d6 inches then moving then charging can hit gun lines ect very quickly. Also using it to move my treelords away from any risky charges. Though that extra large bubble is definitely something to think about. 

Moving forests around is not super useful, especially since you cannot move them within 3" of an enemy or terrain feature. In my games I usually have my wytch carry the acorn, so to guarantee myself a second forest. This usually gives me a better amount of board control for taking objectives or for denying my opponent the ability to come up the flank.

20 dryads and a Gnarlroot TLA is plenty survivable and can beat just about anything through attrition. 2 TLA's is largely unnecessary as most everything will already be at -2 to hit (and -1 at the very least). Since you have 2 groups of 20 dryads, it's better to have 1 TLA in each. That way you can expand your threat range, and magic defense range.

Dryads are 120pts base for ten and not 100 pts, which puts you at 1520. Even if you had the points for it, I don't see 10 dryads being an efficient choice. If I were you, I would swap them out for revenants to act as speed bumps in case something scary threatens your dryad bunker. A stonehorn, mawcrusher, mourngul, or similarly nasty burst-damage enemy will chew through a multi-model bunker in a heartbeat. The only tactic Sylvaneth have to counter that is to use small 5 man units to hold it up for a turn, and then peel a couple of wounds off through magic/shooting so it isn't at full strength when it reaches its indented target.

Since you can only afford one or the other, 10 dryads cannot get into position across the board as fast as revenants can. That way with two forest bunkers, you can basically protect both no matter where on the board you are.

I might also consider swapping out the second TLA for a regular treelord. Haveung the wytch and the treelord together performs the same function as the TLA but it's cheaper (I think, I don't have my GH in front of me to calculate points costs), and allows you to fit a unit of hunters in. Since you're playing a defensive army (essentially) those bows will give you a little extra range threat and will be well worth the trade off.

Also, is this an objective game? Or just a smash face game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:57 AM, RossMHoward said:

The circlet on a TLA with the reaping is nice too though. It gives more mages with AoE damage spells.

On 11/24/2016 at 3:34 PM, Mirage8112 said:

Moving forests around is not super useful, especially since you cannot move them within 3" of an enemy or terrain feature. In my games I usually have my wytch carry the acorn, so to guarantee myself a second forest. This usually gives me a better amount of board control for taking objectives or for denying my opponent the ability to come up the flank.

20 dryads and a Gnarlroot TLA is plenty survivable and can beat just about anything through attrition. 2 TLA's is largely unnecessary as most everything will already be at -2 to hit (and -1 at the very least). Since you have 2 groups of 20 dryads, it's better to have 1 TLA in each. That way you can expand your threat range, and magic defense range.

Dryads are 120pts base for ten and not 100 pts, which puts you at 1520. Even if you had the points for it, I don't see 10 dryads being an efficient choice. If I were you, I would swap them out for revenants to act as speed bumps in case something scary threatens your dryad bunker. A stonehorn, mawcrusher, mourngul, or similarly nasty burst-damage enemy will chew through a multi-model bunker in a heartbeat. The only tactic Sylvaneth have to counter that is to use small 5 man units to hold it up for a turn, and then peel a couple of wounds off through magic/shooting so it isn't at full strength when it reaches its indented target.

Since you can only afford one or the other, 10 dryads cannot get into position across the board as fast as revenants can. That way with two forest bunkers, you can basically protect both no matter where on the board you are.

I might also consider swapping out the second TLA for a regular treelord. Haveung the wytch and the treelord together performs the same function as the TLA but it's cheaper (I think, I don't have my GH in front of me to calculate points costs), and allows you to fit a unit of hunters in. Since you're playing a defensive army (essentially) those bows will give you a little extra range threat and will be well worth the trade off.

Also, is this an objective game? Or just a smash face game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the 1500 is counting those 10 dryads at 120,  just a typo in the list.

For speedbumps revenants aren't really more usefull than 10 dryads.. of course it's 20 points less "wasted" that way. But 10 dryads in a forest can hold up something not so strong a while longer than the revenants. Only thing revenants have going for them is their mobility as warmachine or wizard hunters (and even then their damage output is just slightly below what you really need).

On 11/27/2016 at 3:55 AM, Dirt Rey said:

Can you take the same item more than once in an army? Can they both take the circlet?

You can indeed. 2 Items on one character is the only restriction

On 11/25/2016 at 10:09 PM, Aezeal said:

The circlet on a TLA with the reaping is nice too though. It gives more mages with AoE damage spells.

It's super nice but I prefer to use mine as a tank with a wall of Dryads. Usually he's 3" away from the enemy after the Dryads that surround him absorb a charge. In subsequent turns he's constantly in range to stomp, attack and reap ;) and with the Briarsheath he's great at spoiling a lot of fun

A General with Gnarled warrior is still tanky, in critical fights you can mystic shield him  (he shields himself ofc). The damage output from the Reaping can offset the decrease in tankiness.... I'll admit it's a bit more of a risk, but not much (especially if someone else can heal him D6 wounds.

• 5 weeks later...

So having played a few games now with this list with good results. Against any assult based army this list did very well. Just let them charge into the forests and stack all the mortal wounds. The only game I lost was against a dwarf gunline. Not having to move towards me cost me a lot as I could not out shoot them. Forced to advance on them and got picked apart.

Archived