Ironjaws Brawl

Gorsk

Fun topic - how would you build out an ironjawz brawl formation?

The requirement from the Ironjawz battle tomb is the following:

HQ: 1 megaboss on foot or mawkrusha, 1 warchanter, 1 wierdnob shaman

Battalions: any 5 from the following: ardfist, brutefist, gorefist, ironfist, wierdfist

Feel free to include how you would fill out the battalions too.

@Gorsk

I think if you were at a stage where you were using this battalion it would be a pretty huge and fluffy game. So with that it mind it would be cool to use one of each of the others within it.

I'd love to end up with a huge Ironjawz collection all painted that would allow me to put it on the table!

Out of interest, what are the minimum requirements? At work so don't have books to hand etc.

Don't have the book either but five ironfists with 3 units in each should be tied smallest with brutefist but probably more effective, maybe with 1 or 2 weirdfiests in there becasue you'll probably not fit 15 units into combat either way. That would be 3440 points with megaboss on foot and 3820 with him on maw-krusha.  

the brawl requirements listed in the OP are straight from the Ironjaws battletome.  But to add some detail about the fists, here are those requirements:

ironfist: 3-5 ironjaws units

gorefist: 3-5 units of gore gruntaz

brutefist: 3-5 units of brutes

ardfist: 3-5 units of ardboyz and a warchanter

wierdfist: 3-5 units and a shaman (any units, I think)

I like @Chris Tomlin's idea of one of each battalion.  Another idea I had on the train ride to work was the following:

Ironjawz Brawl Formation Points
Brawl Leaders 100
  Megaboss on Maw Krusha 520
  Warchanter 80
  Wierdnob Shaman 120
  Megaboss on foot (optional) 140

Any 5 Ironjawz battalions  
Wierdfist   100
  Wierdnob Shaman 120
  Ardboys (3x10, shields) 540
Gorefist   120
  Gore Gruntas (3x3 choppas) 540
Ironfist #1 60
  Brutes (10 jgh, 2x5 choppas) 720
Ironfist #2 60
  Brutes (10 jgh, 2x5 choppas) 720
Ironfist #3 60
  Brutes (10 jgh) 360
  Ardboys (2x10, 4xshields/6x2h) 360

Total 4720

A second megaboss just feels right when there are that many orruks running around.  Also with that many models, I wonder if one would be better off running all jagged gore hackas on the brutes and gore gruntas.  Also a benefit of having that many orruks around, we might be able to gork stomp a few opponents!

I suspect I will never own enough painted orruks to make this unit myself.  But, if I can convince someone else in my area to create an ironjawz army, then we could combine forces to try this out.

We, the destruction community, need to make "Gork Stomp" a regular phrase.  It should refer to the activity of having the wierdnob shaman successfully casting Foot of Gork and having it wreck multiple units.

Usage: "You should have seen it!  I gork stompted that death army and deleted 700 zombies, 20 vampire knights and two wizards!!!111oneeleven.  WAAAGH!"

Sadly, it probably will not get used as much as it deserves. B|

2 minutes ago, Gorsk said:

We, the destruction community, need to make "Gork Stomp" a regular phrase.  It should refer to the activity of having the wierdnob shaman successfully casting Foot of Gork and having it wreck multiple units.

Sadly, it probably will not get used as much as it deserves. B|

Yeah....I don't think that would be happening anywhere near enough to be known as a regular phrase! How about this instead;

"Oh sh*t I just wasted my spell trying to cast Foot of Gork again!"

Not as punchy, but more accurate!! ;) 

I originally aimed in what I bought at having a full Brawl, I wanted to have one of each formation (with models interchanged) at the very least. 

In order by the book I can make:  

Brute Fist

Gorefist

Ardfist

Weirdfist

That's about where I run out of stuff. I still have a Mawkrusha, Warchanter, Weirdnob and a unit of 5 Brutes. So I'm only 2 boxes of Brutes away, maybe I should get that Ironjawz Battalion....

The book told me that it likes it this way, I ironjawz, I dun't read books, IT TAKES AWAY PRECIOUS SMASHING TIME.

IRON FIST

IRONFIST

BRUTE FIST

BRUTEFIST

GOREFIST

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, BODY PARTS FOREVERMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In all seriousness, a couple mawcrushers, 5 lots of 6 Goregrunters and a fast army, shortly following by the cascading hate of brutes sounds BRUTAL! 1D3 mortal wounds is ok, but in all honesty up to the point of combat it's easier to 1D6 and run. xD

If only wierdfist sharman were double casters, that would probably warrent investing 100 points into a frail model. Then I could attempt foot and something useful every turn! xD

Archived