Need help with paint brushes.

MightyQwan

Following up on the thread a couple of weeks ago about brush selection and care I have chosen to take the plunge and get myself some winsor newton series 7.

I cannot find them around here so will use amazon, however, the selection there refers to them as watercolor brushes. Will using a watercolor brush with my acrylics damage them in anyway? Is there a different series 7 that I should be looking for specifically? Thanks in advance for the info.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I cannot find them around here so will use amazon,

If you haven't ordered them already, and are also in the UK, I'd suggest also having a look at Ken Bromley (if over £40 due to p&p), Jacksons Art Supplies, and Grantham's Art Discount - all are excellent, about 30% off RRP, and 1-2 day delivery time (from order) in my experience.

the selection there refers to them as watercolor brushes. Will using a watercolor brush with my acrylics damage them in anyway? Is there a different series 7 that I should be looking for specifically? 

I believe the "watercolour brush" refers to the general properties of the brush and its intended application, e.g. handle length (watercolour tends to be short, oil long), and the length of the hairs protruding from the ferrules. W&N also do a Series 7 Miniature line, which has shorter bristles,  but the normal ones are fine.  As the others have said, you'll be fine - just make sure to wash them out properly, and clean them with brush cleaner (e.g. "The Masters" brush soap) ... oh, and don't soak them.

Archived