Dwarfs, dispossessed, duardin, whatever...

jpf1982

Yeah I put everything I could into arkahn but just got unlucky before he hid behind a house. It was ok. Maybe I'll figure out how to play them after a couple more games. Probably gonna steer away from taking multiple small units again though. Too easy to lose them. 

I've been getting excited about starting a Dwarf army recently. After examining the warscrolls, I'm considering building this 2000pt army:
Warden King (General, Reckless, Obstinate Blade)
Runelord
Unforged (Relic Blade)
2 x 30 Warriors (double-handed axes and shields)
10 x Longbeards
20 Quarrellers
10 Hammerers
2 x 10 Irondrakes
Grudgebound War Throng battalion
1980pts

I'm trying to play to Dwarf strengths here by taking more shooting. Slow movement? No problem, shoot them instead.

The battalion warscroll adds amazing value - re-rolls of 1 to hit for the whole army and always pass battleshock tests on a 1, 2 or 3.

For example, a unit of 30 warriors with the Warden King's command ability, battalion buffs, Runelord's Forgefire, shieldwall and the Longbeard's "Grots are weedier these days" buff now becomes:
Hits on 4s re-roll 1s
Wounding on 2s re-rolling 1s (re-rolls all failed wounds in your opponent's combat phase)
-2 rend
5+ re-rollable save
Re-roll battleshock tests (from order allegiance battle trait) and halving models that flee (clan banner). Passing battle shock tests on a 1, 2 or 3.

This is just a humble unit of warriors! The Dispossessed have a lot of synergy. Obviously the example above is situational, so knowing where and when to use your buffs is the finesse part about playing a Dispossessed army.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎18‎-‎11‎-‎2016 at 5:46 PM, jpf1982 said:

Yeah I put everything I could into arkahn but just got unlucky before he hid behind a house. It was ok. Maybe I'll figure out how to play them after a couple more games. Probably gonna steer away from taking multiple small units again though. Too easy to lose them. 

Can't hide from grudgethrowers right :D

Archived