Pure Daemon of Khorne

Cthulhus Lawyer

Hey guys

Right now Ive been playing full Ironjawz and Flesh Eaters but i wanna expand to a 3rd army and Khorne is calling, maybe is the Waaagh addiction !

I can up with this list  but havent bought any models yet . I cant seem to find a post about a pure Khorne army and that scares me

Leaders
Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury (300)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)

Units
Bloodletters x 20 (200)
Bloodletters x 20 (200)
Bloodletters x 20 (200)
Skull Cannons x 1 (180)
Bloodcrushers x 6 (320)

Behemoths
Soul Grinder (280)

War Machines

Batallions
Blood Host of Khorne (120)

Total: 1980/2000

Couple points:

I think you will probably be disappointed with the bloodcrushers as I was. They arent that great for their points cost. They have a few extra wounds and some extra attacks from the mounts with a 50/50 chance to do d3 wounds on the charge..yawn

With all those bloodletters, you would be a big dum dum if you didnt take a blood secretor from the bloodbound tome. He is stupidly good. Remember, that whenever your letters get +1 to hit (say from the murderous tide special rule or the chaos allegiance ability) they do mortal wounds easier (6 becomes a 5 with +1 to hit and a 4 on +2)..so doubling their attacks makes it even more potent! Also, have the khorne daemons allegiance only helps take the bloodcrushers as battleline.. which isnt necessary if you are running 3 units of bloodletters. I would rather field 10 flesh hounds for 200 points rather then 3 bloodcrushers for 180. Just been my experience. 

Also on the letters. Units of 10 for minimum tax, objective campers or roadblock. 30 for killy killy. 20 is not good at either task. Also the herald on foot is.. meh. I always opt for skulltaker. for just 20 points more he is so much better. And DOPE against heros. 

I think a bloodstoker hero from the bloodbound would be AWESOME with the soul grinder. Since he can run and still shoot.. why not have the stoker whip him and get +3 to run moves? and re-roll of 1's to hit.

10 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

Or combine them! Get the best of both and still have a Khorne army.

That's what I'm planning on doing!

^^^Unfortunately, demons on their own are all kind of incomplete. Khorne battleline are so-so and they  have no magic. Tzeench has no heavy hitters.

Slaanesh has no shooting. Nurgle is slow and tanky.

The only way to make demons viable, I'm afraid, is to combine them. Bringing mortal units to flesh out your forces not only makes your army more competitive, it actually follows the new fluff line closer than ever.

So bring those warriors and knights. You can give them marks for a reason! Bring storm fiends and lightning cannons. Above all, bring a bale wind vortex and stand a sorcerer, preferably Sayl, on it. Let the good times roll.

Archived