Starting fun/fluffy slaves of darkness list.

Kramer

Hi guys,

Once, more then 10 years ago, I painted 12 chaos warriors because I liked the models. Now I just realised my dad apparently had the same idea and bought a chariot and five knights. I've never played chaos so I have no knowledge on game effectiveness. But I would like to use this as the base for a new project.

So now I'm looking to expand this core group into a 1K army short term/2k long term. I'm thinking about converting them to a norse vikings theme. Maybe add some fur cloaks, bare heads, keep the daemonic influences to a minimum. Just very cruel and hardcore raiders. 

What's do you guys think? Any suggestions on what units to add/conversion ideas?

I think the all the Marauder models look very Norse as is so I'd add lots of them on foot and horseback. 

Maybe sculpt some fur cloaks from green stuff - that would like really cool. 

I seen this tutorial which uses a mold for this making it very fast 

On 9 november 2016 at 11:27 PM, SuperKick said:

I think the all the Marauder models look very Norse as is so I'd add lots of them on foot and horseback. 

Maybe sculpt some fur cloaks from green stuff - that would like really cool. 

I seen this tutorial which uses a mold for this making it very fast 

That's a great tip! I'm still down doubting the marauders. They do have the look but I rather go all marauders or all big clunky evil armour wearing warriors. Also money and time wise a big advantage ;)

But the fur coats are must have. 

Hail, fellow Barbarian! I've run Slaves to Darkness (WoC back in 8th) as less chaos, more a destruction force since my first games (can't get behind the old 'bad 24/7' thing. I mean they have to sit and clean their teeth at some point!)

As previously said, lots of fur and kit bashing heads from marauders onto armoured chaps is my route.

_20161026_104701.JPG

Archived