Varanguard without Archie?

Fireymonkeyboy

28 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

I'd pick up a single on eBay or something as a Lord on DMount, but that model is so build-around, I dunno.

FMB

My thoughts are that the Nurgle-ish one would make an excellent Harbinger of Decay.

You really should be able to mark them without Archaon....

My thoughts are that the Nurgle-ish one would make an excellent Harbinger of Decay.
You really should be able to mark them without Archaon....

It would be such a minor change to the warscroll that they could easily make next time they review things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning to run a herald of the Everchosen character with a command ability to do the mark toggle. Running the rest of his stats as varanguard on foot (move 5 and no mount attacks) obviously has no place in matched play but hope it will give a bit of scope to synergies the varanguard with the rest of the army.

Alas, their not worth it without Archaon (even Little Archie). Too bad their points are so high. You'd think for as many points as that, you'd at least be able to mark them. As it is, in a 2500 pt game, with the 320 pt version of Archie, and a couple of the other lords for some buffs, they're a hoot. You're not gonna win much probably (I haven't, yet) but your opponent will be going crosseyed trying to figure out what to try and kill first.

Eventually, of course, it'll all come apart, but it's still a blast to pay.

Archived