Need Help Building an Army around Nagash

Noahfoa

Im still fairly new to Age of Sigmar and I'm trying to build a pretty killer Nagash list, and want to make the most of him. New to Age of Sigmar and don't really know what models do what. Any help finding some good Wizards to use with his abilites and units to fill the ranks is much appreciated!

I'm looking for as much Cheese as possible. I want a list that I know can win, then I will branch out to more fun and fluffy ones from there xD

Here's my list for next week:

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (900)
- General
Coven Throne (260)

Tomb Herald 100

Units
Zombies x 10 (60)
Zombies x 10 (60)
Skeleton Chariots x 3 (140)
Necropolis Knights x 6 (320)
Ushabti x 3 (120)
- Great Bow

Behemoths

War Machines

Batallions

Total: 1960/2000

It's a zero summoning grind them down and keep bringing back models list.

7 minutes ago, kozokus said:

I have seen someone use a tomb légion In a tournament. Every unit at least 20models except for the knights. not much cheese but à rather Nice use of the command of nagash. Plus the extra movement was handy.

It's the Legion of Death (Deathrattle battalion), not the Tomb Legion (Tomb Kings battalion). There's no way you'd be able to fit a Tomb Legion and Nagash in a 2000 point list in any sort of efficient manner.

If you're using matched play, I'm afraid Nagash won't be acting to his full abilities. Most of his spellcasting buffs simple won't apply, and you won't be able to summon much of anything. The single best Nagash list might very well be Nagash + 3x10 zombie units. Summon every thing else in during the game. That's not to say he's unplayable or anthing. You're just spending a minimum of 60% of your army on a single model and battleline.

In narrative/open play though, he's amazing.

The single best Nagash list might very well be Nagash + 3x10 zombie units. Summon every thing else in during the game. 

This has the advantage of flexibility, but on the other hand, it means you have to vary the army a lot, since you cannot summon the same unit twice in one turn. There aren't many units that I would actually want to summon, probably Dire Wolves, Spirit Hosts (synergy with command ability), Hexwraiths (ditto), maybe Harbingers, maybe a Mourngul. Skeletons and Grave Guard aren't much use without the synergies e.g. Vanhels, Righteous Smiting, TK stuff. 

It might be better to put the units down on the board - they're very unlikely to make a first turn charge anyway. Perhaps leave 400 points for summoning.

Nagash works better in larger games (3000+ pts), which is a bit of the problem if you're new to the game, most players run smaller lists first.

In theory, Nagash can summon over 4000pts' worth of models per turn, but in 2000pts? You could burn through almost all the reserve points you actually could set aside, by summoning double-vamp-lord-zombie-dragons on turn 1. It would be very gimmicky, hit-and-miss, potentially horrible and not something I would personally want to face with the armies I have, but I'm not sure it would actually be competitive.

I really think, unless you're planning to take part in some sort of 10,000 point mega-battle, you'd be better off avoiding summoning and focussing on all the Tomb King units he can boost. There's not much point in taking additional wizards — you'll end up with the same number on unused spell-spots either way — but any Death unit that gives your wizards a non-summoning bonus spell could work.

The problem being, most of the Tomb King models have been discontinued, so you'd have to get the models off ebay or something.

Still, if you are going that way:

Necropolis Knights, Tomb Scorpions, Ushabti, Warsphinxes (any variety), and Sepulchral Stalkers can all be re-animated or healed. I'm not sure how Screaming Skull Catapults' "Raise Skeleton Crew" spell works under the new rules, but the Bone Giant has a nice buff spell as well.

Personally I would recommend Chariots as Battleline. Zombies are cheaper, but kinda useless. Anything else, you tend to want larger units before they even start to work. Chariots don't hit hard, but they are pretty points-effective as a highly mobile tarpit. Beyond that, I'm not really sure.

Archived