1000 wanderers list advice

Trav

4 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

D with the waywatcher is good, but I find the wayfinder far better for the simple reasons of 3d6 shots. Multiples of this unit......sick!

Yeah this guy is nasty, 2 would be brutal especially if combined with noble princes rerolls.

do you think that the one off 3d6 is better than the waywatchers multiple turns of shooting?

im guessing multiple shooting you mean doubling his shots using fast shot? 

I would say yea, that's better for consistency and reliability. Waywatcher would be better for sure, but that possibility of 18 shot is appealing. Meh, waywatcher wins when I really think about it hahaha.

Yeah he can fire more shots over the whole game. But a 3d6 barrage could be devestating for alpha striking.

i have started assembling some gladeguard. They look so cool on round bases, adds to their skirmish feel.

just need to buy some characters and eternal guard. I already have sisters of the thorn box, might also get some sisters of the watch.

When expanding, will pick up wildwood rangers. They are awesome and will help with killing big things- especially as wanderers have no monsters

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, Dracothjay said:

im guessing multiple shooting you mean doubling his shots using fast shot? 

I would say yea, that's better for consistency and reliability. Waywatcher would be better for sure, but that possibility of 18 shot is appealing. Meh, waywatcher wins when I really think about it hahaha.

Are there ways to reroll the 3D6 in some way to increase the chance of it being good? (I mean if you get 10 archers for nearly the same amount of point you already equal the average shots on 3d6.. and then you can shoot those every turn, and get -3 rend for your alpha strike).

Or significantly increase to hit, wound or rend for the alpha strike turn?

1 hour ago, Aezeal said:

Are there ways to reroll the 3D6 in some way to increase the chance of it being good? (I mean if you get 10 archers for nearly the same amount of point you already equal the average shots on 3d6.. and then you can shoot those every turn, and get -3 rend for your alpha strike).

Or significantly increase to hit, wound or rend for the alpha strike turn?

Dont think so, but he does hit and wound on 3's with -1 rend. Not that good if you only roll a couple of hits, but if you roll a lot.....

but 10 archers are more reliable

Yeah, 10 archers are far more reliable. With the 3D6 shot its once per game so it's inconsistent as opposed to other wanderers shooting capabilities. I get the feeling that you'd want to use the 3d6 shot from multiple sources in conjunction with your bodkin burst and for the re-roll's the prince gives its best to go with volume in terms of attacks rather than a better to hit/wound statistic. 

Glade guard do the heavy lifting, all other sources of shooting would just be a support role.

1 minute ago, Dracothjay said:

Yeah, 10 archers are far more reliable. With the 3D6 shot its once per game so it's inconsistent as opposed to other wanderers shooting capabilities. I get the feeling that you'd want to use the 3d6 shot from multiple sources in conjunction with your bodkin burst and for the re-roll's the prince gives its best to go with volume in terms of attacks rather than a better to hit/wound statistic. 

Glade guard do the heavy lifting, all other sources of shooting would just be a support role.

Well.. heavy lifting is done by the Sisters of the Watch I'd say.. and even compendium waywatchers have a higher damage out put.

Anyway.. I like the waywatcher and his command ability much better than the wayfinder.

1 hour ago, Aezeal said:

Well.. heavy lifting is done by the Sisters of the Watch I'd say.. and even compendium waywatchers have a higher damage out put.

Anyway.. I like the waywatcher and his command ability much better than the wayfinder.

Love sisters of the watch. So hard to fit them in at 1000 points along with the noble prince and i want eternal guard too. Hard to fit all the toys in

1 hour ago, Dracothjay said:

Are sisters of the watch that good? Are they great because they can possibly fire 3 times in one phase?

Just cool. 3 to hit and wound, 2 to wound if target is chaos. Plus firing if charged. So pricey, cost same as 20 glade gurd. But higher armour.

I plan on getting a box. But plying 1000 point games means i will struggle to fit both them and sisters of the thorn.

3 hours ago, Barimbino said:

Plus if you get the sisters of the thorn to throw their spell on them, they get to re-roll saves and wounding on saves of 6.

Well.. that goes for everything.. including the hail of doom arrow hero and the glade guard :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so purchased and built my wanderers force -1000 points.

noble prince

spellweaver

sisters of the thorn

20 glade guard

20 glade guard

10 eternal warriors

also purchased these guys to swap in for some different combos. 

10 sisters of the watch

waywatcher

wayfinder

i know they arent the strongest butany thoughts on the list? Are they fun to use?

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, Barimbino said:

With the rule of 1 you could only cast this once. But it's not a bad idea to have one for back-up in case one dies.

The spell isn't that strong when healing single wound models, but the other one can cast mystic shield which is always good (and needed for the combo)

Archived