New to FEC, stressing about summoning...

MiniJunkie

25 minutes ago, ThePhyx said:

Ya but you can give an artefact to any hero, you can't give the trait. Essentially, the ability to have a CA and CT means there is zero reason to ever make a named character the general.

Glad to learn something today, it just seemed weird.

no, it.s not true. The named characters have yet abilities that are superiors to normal heroes. Morover they have peculiar command abilities. You don't lament cause you can't give articact to naùed characters so you can't give them to heroes...

Named characters have always been their own. IE in wh40k the most part of them has specific general traits or fixed ones whiòe the others has to be randoms. At least in AoS you can choose and even can coose each match, so you have access to everything planned 

4 minutes ago, deynon said:

no, it.s not true. The named characters have yet abilities that are superiors to normal heroes. Morover they have peculiar command abilities. You don't lament cause you can't give articact to naùed characters so you can't give them to heroes...

Named characters have always been their own. IE in wh40k the most part of them has specific general traits or fixed ones whiòe the others has to be randoms. At least in AoS you can choose and even can coose each match, so you have access to everything planned 

As far as the artefact, what I mean is that you can give any hero that is not named an artefact. They do not need to be your general.

As for the CA and CT, I have yet to find a named character that has a CA that is better than a non-named hero's CA AND a CT. Plus if I want to make the hero even stronger I can give an artefact too, or just give the artefact to another of my heroes. 

21 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Nagash, Settra, all the Mortarchs and Khalida have very unique command abilities and make for excellent generals if you build your list around them, even without Command Trait.

agree'd Settra works great with a spirit host heavy army throwing out lots of mortal wounds, far better than say a zombie dragon would be in the same army with any command trait. 

Nagash  works great with blood knights and other hard hitters, who get a comparatively small increase  in defense from something like ruler of the night. Nerferata is in a way her own ruler of the night with her command ability, but the bubble is bigger and smaller at the same time. Nerferata could potential be even better because a lot of mortal wounds come from rolling 6's to hit. 

The Command traits good good, but the command abilities on the named characters are so crazy good and usually all AoE  that they are worth not having a command trait. It just depends on how you build your list around your command trait/ability. 

Archived