Host of Slaanesh.

Arkiham

I've noticed a huge lack of slaanesh on this site,  ( fluff wise excluded ) So I decided to mock up a list.

Slaanesh can be a very high mobility army, but it lacks multiple damage models.

There's good potential for mortal wounds an stacks of attacks with a fair amount having rend.

So, here goes. 

Leader 

Keeper of slaanesh (forgeworld one as looks epic ) general. 280

Herald of slaanesh on exhaled Seeker Chariot x2 320

Battleline 

30 daemonettes. 360

10 daemonettes. 120

10 daemonettes. 120

Behemoth.

Soul grinder 280 

Soul grinder 280

Extra 

Hellstriders of slaanesh. 100

Hellstriders of slaanesh. 100

Total: 1960.

The soul grinder and keeper combo has good potential against heroes or monsters, as well as units. and adds range to the army.

The Hellstriders of slaanesh have good survivability due to the enrapturing banner, this appears to stack, so if I run them as 2 units of 5 one behind the other that's -2 to hit in melee.

With the Chariots able to throw out good potential mortal wounds you can trigger a decent shock test on a unit.

Overall with slaanesh it looks like you can build a really strong army based around bravery checks and with the mobility to hand you're able to target the units who don't have immunity.

That's cool..... I've completely overlooked that! Been running them in units of 10 so they'd do more damage and get the +1 attacks. Have to re-think this. That means that a Lord on Boobsnake in range would be like -3 to hit in HTH, right?

2 minutes ago, Tasman said:

That's cool..... I've completely overlooked that! Been running them in units of 10 so they'd do more damage and get the +1 attacks. Have to re-think this. That means that a Lord on Boobsnake in range would be like -3 to hit, right?

If they target it rather than the -2 to hit units yeah, 

New to AOS but loving my slaanesh force, just playing 1000 pt games. Hellstriders have been awesome and floating atound with their -1 banner is great fun. Great stacking it with the lords -1 ability. Thought about getting another unit of them but prefer using some different units. 

Piling in twice with charging knights with glaives is great. Last couple of games i have run:

Slaanesh lord on steed

exalted hero

daemon prince - slaanesh

10 warriors - great weapons

20 marauders

5 knights - glaives

5 hellstriders

my combat phases are fun with slaanesh prince always piling in first, double pile in ability of lord, and double pile in of exalted hero when he charges. 

Give the lord the item to use two command abilities- inspiring presence on marauders to tie down the enemy. The immense speed of boobsnakes is awesome for redeploying or grabbing objectives.

The list is fast though lacks magic and shooting. I have alternated daemon prince with chosen and giant and now belakor (removing exalted hero). Chosen piling in twice is awesome!

Also, to boost combat further, thinking it might be cool to get the godsworn champions of ruin batallion for the free pilein and fight in hero phase.

although not pure host of slaanesh, i have enjoyed building and painting a force that isnt very popular.

It is a challenge sometimes to position te hellstriders so that they dont get in the way of your own charging units while staying withing 6" for the -1 to hit. They have to mave ahead of your charging units in the movement phase, and the charging models have to move around them. Not overly difficult but needs some planning and positioning.

Archived